none
Problem with a signature RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed today that my signature has center tag around the blog. It worked fine before - not sure what could have changed? I adjusted it again - removed the center tag.

Why is that?

Thanks in advance.
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Friday, December 18, 2009 2:31 AM

Answers

• We've made some fixes against html tags being accepted in the post (rendered). This is to mitigate spam posts that spammers are using to override CSS on thread view. I don't have the exact list of tags but this is one of the fixes. We've had sporadic spam in Forums where spammers hijack CSS thus, when navigating to threads, it redirects you to the spam site. If spammers do this with this release, it doesn't override CSS rather imbeds the content in the body.
    Forums Test Lead
    Friday, December 18, 2009 2:47 AM

All replies

• We've made some fixes against html tags being accepted in the post (rendered). This is to mitigate spam posts that spammers are using to override CSS on thread view. I don't have the exact list of tags but this is one of the fixes. We've had sporadic spam in Forums where spammers hijack CSS thus, when navigating to threads, it redirects you to the spam site. If spammers do this with this release, it doesn't override CSS rather imbeds the content in the body.
    Forums Test Lead
    Friday, December 18, 2009 2:47 AM
  • Thanks.
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Friday, December 18, 2009 4:31 AM