trojan.win32.agent.azsy personal antivirus RRS feed

• Question

• I have the personal antivirus that shows up on my computer but when i do a virus scan it says i dont have one. Can someone help me remove this personal antivirus
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 4:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please contact support for help with removing malware One Care is unable to detect or remove. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:27 PM
  • Personal Antivirus removal guides:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-antivirus
    http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-personal-antivirus.html

Also be sure to scan your computer with Spyware Doctor or MalwareBytes anti-malware. Good luck!
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:22 AM
  • ignys, thank you for your posts. Please note, however, that this is not a general malware removal help forum. OneCare users should contact OneCare support for malware that was missed by OneCare or cannot be removed successfully by OneCare.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 11:27 AM
  • i got rid of it and if you are still having trouble, go to combofix and download, but dont but anything and you can do it. Any trouble and youcan email me and I will tell you how Ijust did it.[deleted email]
    Friday, September 4, 2009 2:13 PM
  • i got rid of it and if you are still having trouble, go to combofix and download, but dont but anything and you can do it. Any trouble and youcan email me and I will tell you how Ijust did it.[deleted email]

this is not a general malware removal help forum. OneCare users should contact OneCare support for malware that was missed by OneCare or cannot be removed successfully by OneCare.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, September 4, 2009 2:18 PM
  • you mean that you don't want me to answer another one care users plea for help such as can any one out there help me with PAV?  Is that against the rules?
    Friday, September 4, 2009 2:22 PM
  • you mean that you don't want me to answer another one care users plea for help such as can any one out there help me with PAV?  Is that against the rules?

I would not so much as call it a "rule" as guidance. The forum is specifically for OneCare. So, if OneCare fails to prevent, detect, or remove an infection, a OneCare subscriber has access to support to get the threat removed. In so doing, Microsoft gets more information about the infection and can work to improve the antimalware engine and definitions. There are many other sites that offer help with malware removal. I often use them myself when helping people who are not using OneCare. Getting into the business of manual steps and referring people to 3rd party programs to remove malware on a Microsoft hosted forum dedicated to a specific product isn't appropriate, though I appreciate your willingness to help.
    PAV is indeed a miserable piece of junk, based on the same code that brought us Antivirus Pro and its many variants. I just had the joy of cleaning up someone's PC infected with this thing a few days ago and I also found that combofix was the only thing that could remove the current variant successfully.
    -steve
    Friday, September 4, 2009 2:59 PM