CRM Service Activities not appearing in outlook RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have created a Service Activity in CRM and scheduled a user. This appears in the workplace calendar in CRM but does not appear in the user's outlook calendar. Does anybody have any idea where I could look to solve this issue. I have tried running CRM 4.0 diag tool on the server but this doesn't tell me anything. There is a huge amount of log data, it is impossible to tell where synchronisation to outlook might have taken place or failed. Users have been receiving mail from CRM so I am confused as to why there would be a problem with service activities in particular.

Thanks,

Niamh

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 11:46 AM

Answers

• check the frequency of the synchronization with the user's outlook calendar.  It defaults to every 15 minutes.  Run synchronization through the Outlook Client and see if it appears.  Ensure the user's Outlook is in Online mode.

Best Regards,

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 12:55 PM
  • thanks Donna for your suggestion. I checked that but discovered in the end what the problem was. I have restricted access to activites so that certain users can only view their own activites. So what happens is if a service activity is created with such a user as a resource, they cannot see it in their calendar or my work unless the record is specifically assigned to them and they are the owner. It makes sense as they dont have access to view an activity owned by another user.

Regards,

Niamh

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:20 PM

All replies

• check the frequency of the synchronization with the user's outlook calendar.  It defaults to every 15 minutes.  Run synchronization through the Outlook Client and see if it appears.  Ensure the user's Outlook is in Online mode.

Best Regards,

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 12:55 PM
  • thanks Donna for your suggestion. I checked that but discovered in the end what the problem was. I have restricted access to activites so that certain users can only view their own activites. So what happens is if a service activity is created with such a user as a resource, they cannot see it in their calendar or my work unless the record is specifically assigned to them and they are the owner. It makes sense as they dont have access to view an activity owned by another user.

Regards,

Niamh

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:20 PM