none
How to use dut tool to recieve laptops signal? RRS feed

• Question

• I use my laptop(Windows XP) to setup an ad hoc network on channel3, then enable the hwtest driver and type the following commands:

dut start

dut rx

dut centralfreq --value 2422

dut rxpa --value 0x2000

dut rxgain --value 0x1000

dut dump

e.... I got nothing in the dump file...

That puzzled me. Did I miss some critical step? I hope someone could tell me...

thanks a lot

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• I use my laptop(Windows XP) to setup an ad hoc network on channel3, then enable the hwtest driver and type the following commands:

dut start

dut rx

dut centralfreq --value 2422

dut rxpa --value 0x2000

dut rxgain --value 0x1000

dut dump

e.... I got nothing in the dump file...

That puzzled me. Did I miss some critical step? I hope someone could tell me...

thanks a lot

em...I have the same question with you ,i hope some expert can help us,by the way how can i get the BSSID of my laptop?

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:58 PM
  • Were your laptop broadcasting when you typed "dut dump"? Thanks.

Sen Xiang (项森)
    • Proposed as answer by Tan Zhang Friday, March 25, 2011 7:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sen XiangModerator Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:49 AM
    Friday, March 18, 2011 2:24 PM
  • Guys,

My dut tool worked. The trick is to set a higher gain at tx part. Try txgain = 0x1F80 or even higher txgain = 0x1FF0. But don't set txgain more than 0x2000 because the analog frontend will saturate(a sharp drop of energy on our spectrum analyzer). For rx, try rxgain = 0x1400 - 0x1600 and rxpa = 0x0000.

This is for creating a signal file offline with demod11(check the manual) and use Dut to send and receive signal. If you want to use dut to just capture a signal, you have to make sure your laptop actually sends something while dut is capturing. You can easily create an iperf session between two laptops, for example.

Tan

Friday, March 25, 2011 7:29 PM