Windows Live OneCare running scan at every boot RRS feed

• Question

• That's the problem in a nutshell, despite fiddling with the settings it insists on running a scan at every boot, hogging system resources and making the boot incredibly slow (Dell Dimension XPS 2.40 gHz Quad Core 3 gigs RAM with all the extras offered at the time, Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2, ) and I have to invoke the Task Manager to kill the MSMpEng.exe process 2-3 tiems before it stops. Surely someone else has run into this problem...?
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• There is a long discussion of this issue in this thread where you may also find a solution - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2008959&SiteID=2

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:22 PM
  • norton internet security 2008 does the same thing except when i'm on-line playing a game and the game can't respond or i can't respond to the game!

i came here for the very reason you stated to see if it does happen; now that i have my quad core system i not need to worry as i haven't noticed!

can you compare norton to live care and which would you suggest as i'm still ticked at norton for non-helpfulness on this problem with old computer!

Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:06 PM