Using minimal Money 2005 to update Money 99 database RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded and installed the Money 2005 version described in the second sticky message.

On my Windows 8.1 machine, launching the program produced an immediate pop-up about the need for updates.  Of course they could not be found.  When I bypassed this and attempted to open my Money 99 file, I received another pop-up that said Money was updating itself so it could work with the file.  After 24 hours, nothing happened and Money 2005 could not process the file.

On my Windows 7 Pro-64 machine, launching the program seemed smooth.  Attempting to open the Money 99 file produce the same pop-up about Money updating itself and again after 24 hours nothing.

What is the secret to using the minimal Money 2005 as described in the second sticky to update a Money 99 file to something Money Sunset can handle?

By the way, Money 99 installed on Windows 7 without issue and appears to work fine.

Monday, August 11, 2014 6:40 PM

All replies

• See if you have a *.mn7 file. That would be a copy of your Money 99 file before the conversion attempt. If you had an unsuccessful conversion attempt, that could have messed up the modified *.mny file, so that *.mn7 file could be useful.

Have you tried installing Money 99 on your Windows 8.1? It might work.

You could also try converting a copy of your *.mn7 file directly in Money Sunset.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:10 PM
  • Unfortunately there is no .mn7 file.
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:09 AM