none
Can i save folder pairings created within SyncToy RRS feed

• Question

• I am part of a small team working on a pretty complex Sharepoint project. We are all working on local VM's and deploying our changes to a central testing server. The server runs multiple instances of Sharepoint and I am using Synctoy to deploy updated bins, ascx, asmx files etc to all of the central sharepoint instances.

Is it possible to save the Folder Pairings i have set up on my instance of Synctoy so i can distribute these to the other members of the teams to set up on their VM's.

It seems like it would be a useful function to be able to save the synctoy configurations

Friday, April 3, 2009 9:19 AM

Answers

• Yes, Folder Pair sharing isn't supported by SyncToy. But as long as your FolderPair's left and right folder paths and underneath trees match those of your team members, you can give it a try. Do save a backup of your team member's existing folder pairs in case you want to recover.

Thanks
    Sameer
    Friday, April 3, 2009 5:48 PM

All replies

• When creating Folder pair through SyncToy, Folder pair information is stored in your "App Data" folder. However, manually re-distribute those folder pair info to other machine isn't supported by SyncToy and you might run into issues.

Thanks

Ann Tang
    Friday, April 3, 2009 5:39 PM
  • Yes, Folder Pair sharing isn't supported by SyncToy. But as long as your FolderPair's left and right folder paths and underneath trees match those of your team members, you can give it a try. Do save a backup of your team member's existing folder pairs in case you want to recover.

Thanks
    Sameer
    Friday, April 3, 2009 5:48 PM