microsoft genuine advantage kit cd received but not the product key not received by email RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

I had on may 19 2006 purchased on line the microsoft genuine advantage kit for windows xp professional edition. I have recived the CD from Columbia. I have since been running from piller to post to get the key. I am in Nassau, Bahamas. I think i am no ones baby. North america turns me to Porto Rico and Porto Rico turned me to Argentna. I am copying the emails that i received from various websites to which i was directed for your information.

1. from mssupintl@one.microsoft.upgrade.com

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I was unable to locate an order in our system under your name and information. Please respond to this e-mail with your complete
    billing and shipping address so I may further investigate this order.

Once I receive this information I will provide a response within 24 business hours.

Your feedback is very important to me.  In order to continue providing you with quality service, I would like to ask you to complete
    a brief survey on your experience today.  Please click on the following link:xxxxxx
    Thank you for your time, I look forward to working with you in the future.

Andrew
    Microsoft Customer Service

Microsoft highly recommends that you update your Microsoft software to better protect against viruses and security vulnerabilities. 
    The easiest way to do this is to visit the following website: <http://www.Microsoft.com/protect>

--- Original Message ---
    xxxxxxx
    Received: 05/23/2006 06:45pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT - 4:00 )
    To: mssupintl@one.microsoft.upgrade.com
    Subject: purchase of genuine licence on line

dear sir,

I have on line selected an option to buy the genuine Microsoft Professional edition for my computer and paid $149.00. I unfortunately did not note the order number. The email address that i used for the order is xxxxxxxxxx. The telephone number should be xxxxxxx . I placed the order on either thursday or friday of last week. I have neither received confirmation of the order from microsoft nor any tool which if run automaticaly converts the operating system to a genuine one. I tried calling xxxxxxxx and as i was based in Nassau, Bahamas they directed me to xxxx and on that number no service is available in english. Can any one trace the order and let me know what is happening.
    reddy

2. from aporders@microsoft.com

Dear Hem,

Kindly refer to the following link http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/ and contact the appropriate regional contact for more information.

Should you have further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your continued support towards Microsoft products and services.

Kind regards,

Monica Arumugam

Microsoft WGA Support Team

aporders@microsoft.com

xxxxxxxxxx
    Thursday, June 1, 2006 1:12 PM

Answers

•  Macdaddy wrote:

I have the same problem as this guy and I live in Texas so can't seem to understand WHY I'm having to jump through hoops to get a valid key.

Money came out of my account 2 days after I placed my order online for XP-Pro on 5/28/06. Money left my account ($160.55) 2 days later. I've allready recieved the CD compliments of PuertoRico(Via Ohio ,go figure) yet here I am on the 7th of June and STILL no Key via E-Mail as promised. As others have interated, there are NO spam filters in effect and my system is become more and more vulnerable every day my security updates will not download. Customer service says they have no record of my purchase (#01112010317067).

Now I'm sitting here with  allready comprimised system, out $160.55 , and a pretty CD that is absolutely useless without the key to activate it. Is there nothing to do but challenge the charge to my credit card now?

Which customer service did you contact? I would suggset contacting (directly) the group thats responsible for US fulfillment at: http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=408151&SiteID=25

Wednesday, June 7, 2006 7:30 PM

All replies

• Because of the personal information attached to your order, we can't directly look into it.

Please file a support request (free) at http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=9860& and they will be able to track it down.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience,

-Phil Liu

Thursday, June 1, 2006 6:41 PM
  • hi phil,

You have given the website address fine, Did you care to go through my entire email. The link you have given above takes me to a page where i need to select the country whre i am located. The country is Bahamas and it is not listed. That is what i meant when i said i am no ones baby at microsoft. So next time you reply i sugest you do a little research about the support site that your collegues at microsoft have created and forgot to list the country Bahamas. There is no option to select "other" either. so please take a few minutes and direct me to the right site. There is no personal information attached to my order and what your web site called for at the time of purchase was furnished. so istead of doging the question raised try and sort the issue.

reddy

Friday, June 2, 2006 3:37 AM
  • Reddy:

I'm sorry for the miscommunication between us. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to fully read posts that contain personal contact information, email addresses, or phone numbers due to privacy concerns. I had to edit your post as well (for the same reasons), but I will track down the contact information specific to the Bahamas. Please stand by.

Friday, June 2, 2006 7:47 AM
  • Still looking directly into the Bahamas contact information.

However, since you did recieve the CD from Colombia, their direct contact information is:

Their contact information by email is here (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/contactusen/?ln=es-la)

I will continue to post here until this issue is resolved, however.

-Phil Liu

Friday, June 2, 2006 5:44 PM
  • hi Phil,

Thanks for the help. I talked to the customer care guys on the phone and got the link and the key and successfully updated the key. Thanks once again.

reddy

Monday, June 5, 2006 11:23 PM
  •  HEMACHANDAR REDDY wrote:

hi Phil,

Thanks for the help. I talked to the customer care guys on the phone and got the link and the key and successfully updated the key. Thanks once again.

reddy

Great! :)

Monday, June 5, 2006 11:30 PM
  •  I have the same problem as this guy and I live in Texas so can't seem to understand WHY I'm having to jump through hoops to get a valid key.

Money came out of my account 2 days after I placed my order online for XP-Pro on 5/28/06. Money left my account ($160.55) 2 days later. I've allready recieved the CD compliments of PuertoRico(Via Ohio ,go figure) yet here I am on the 7th of June and STILL no Key via E-Mail as promised. As others have interated, there are NO spam filters in effect and my system is become more and more vulnerable every day my security updates will not download. Customer service says they have no record of my purchase (#01112010317067).

Now I'm sitting here with  allready comprimised system, out $160.55 , and a pretty CD that is absolutely useless without the key to activate it. Is there nothing to do but challenge the charge to my credit card now?

Wednesday, June 7, 2006 6:08 AM
  •  Macdaddy wrote:

I have the same problem as this guy and I live in Texas so can't seem to understand WHY I'm having to jump through hoops to get a valid key.

Which customer service did you contact? I would suggset contacting (directly) the group thats responsible for US fulfillment at: http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=408151&SiteID=25

Wednesday, June 7, 2006 7:30 PM
  • i am also having the similar problem..i bought win xp home edition online on January 15, 2007 and received the CD kit on January 22, 2007.I stayed at Pahang, Malaysia and the CD kit posted to me from Microsoft branch at Singapore.Unfortunately the Product Ket still not send to my email till today. My Order Number is 01192012905766. Kindly help me.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 4:12 PM
  •  fazlin_amd wrote:

i am also having the similar problem..i bought win xp home edition online on January 15, 2007 and received the CD kit on January 22, 2007.I stayed at Pahang, Malaysia and the CD kit posted to me from Microsoft branch at Singapore.Unfortunately the Product Ket still not send to my email till today. My Order Number is 01192012905766. Kindly help me.

Windows Genuine Advantage Kit Order Support: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/OrderHelp.aspx?displaylang=en

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:46 PM