CRM 2011 Dialog Process - How to auto start a dialog ? RRS feed

• Question

•  

GOAL:

Create a dialog process that starts automaticly when the create message of a record is fired or a form is loaded and not by pressing run dialog after the record is created.

REPO STEPS/EXPECTED RESULTS:

I created a workflow that automated my steps when a field is changed in the form but the users wanted more interaction with the workflow and that can only be done with a Dialog process.

Tha problem is that the dialog process is not started automaticly but need a button to be pressed on the ribbon. I want, when I press to create a new record of a custom or customized entity to make the dialog auto-start.

Is there a way to call a dialog from a workflow?

ENVIROMENT:

CRM 2011 On-Premise,Server OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit, Client OS: Windows 7 64bit, email router not installed, SQL SErver 2008, different servers for crm and sql,Office 2007, not the final production system but a development sytem.

Thank you for your time . ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote if I helped out :) thanks all in this forum for helping with any problem i had.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 7:01 AM

Answers

All replies