none
Sync Toy not working for me RRS feed

• Question

• I have just started with sync toy but it is not working for me. I must be doing something wrong. It worked fine with a new folder that was empty which I synced with our work folder which contains all of our data. Our folder structure is:

Office Data - 5 subfolders - multiple files and other folder within - this is all on the left. It is about 4.5 gig of data.

The first sync went fine and I ended up with mirrored folders. We worked all day in most if not all of the 5 subfolders. When I ran sync toy at the end of the work day, I set the function to echo because we want the right side to mirror the left side. Nothing more nothing less. I ran preview and sync toy found nothing to sync. I tried synchronize and got the same result. I am surprised because I am positive that many many files were changed today. I use to use a program called silverkeeper that I got from Lacie for apple computers that worked really great mirroring folders, subfolders and all. Maybe I am using the wrong program for windows 7 but the description seems to indicate i should be able to do this with sync toy. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:44 AM

Answers

• Whoops! It turns out I was too tired to logically figure out what I was doing wrong. Now, after a good nights sleep, no problem. It was entirely user error. Thank you.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,
         It is really wired for the issue you described. It should not have such behavior for SyncToy, and I did not get such report from customer before. SyncToy 2.0/2.1 does support and work well on window7.

Would you please help to provide more  info, that will let us find the problem easier. What version of SyncToy/OS you used? What kind of files it is, you mentioned as Office Data, what detail folders it is?

Thanks,
    Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:04 AM
  • Whoops! It turns out I was too tired to logically figure out what I was doing wrong. Now, after a good nights sleep, no problem. It was entirely user error. Thank you.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:03 PM