none
Locating the forum for Visual Studio Code RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can you locate me the forums for visual studio code please?  Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards,

JohnDBCTX

jp

Monday, September 2, 2019 4:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• You'll find the various language forums here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=vslanguages

and forums for visual studio itself here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=visualstudio

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/8/index.html

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 2, 2019 6:10 PM
  • Looking at the Help menu in VS Code, it is unlikely there is such a forum. The closest we have is listed in the right side of the documentation, StackOverflow and of course Microsoft does not do StackOverflow, they just suggest it. Microsoft seems to be unable to provide useful forums, for whatever reason. Microsoft has always been slow to fix bugs in the forum (these forums) software. Ironic, right?

I am sure you can find other forums if you prefer not to use StackOverflow but I do not know what to suggest.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, September 2, 2019 7:10 PM
  • Correction. I said that Microsoft does not do StackOverflow but they probably participate in it for VS Code.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, September 2, 2019 8:02 PM
  • Dave and Richard, perhaps you guys are not familiar with Visual Studio Code. I assume that is what the question is about, not Visual Studio and code.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:25 AM
  • Hello, JohnDBCTX here:

I may have appreciate their efforts in regards to their related VS Code tutorials.

I have started VS Code, and here's what I've done:

For instance, if users would have to run C or C++ code in VS Code IDE, then they would have to install the following packages within the app.

1. C/C++ Intellisense
    2. C/C++ Clang command
    3. C/C++
    4. Code Runner

Don't forget to download and install the MinGW (Minimalist GW shell Interface shell for Windows) for your designated architecture ( 32 or 64 bit )

Include the MinGW\bin path In the Environment Variables Dialog and click OK

Make sure users set the system path for the MinGW\bin prior to selecting the following compiler list for C/C++ in VS Code IDE.

I guess that's all I have said on that part exclusively for that subtopic on C/C++.  Hopefully, I should be able to address more solutions to ongoing problems in regards to 

compilers for other programming languages respectively within the Visual Studio Code app.

Regards,

JohnDBCTX

jp

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 3:56 AM
  • Is that a question you are asking for help with or is it instructions for others?

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:05 AM
  • Instructions for users.  Since there has been no such precise forum for Visual Studio Code IDE or any of its groups or threads,  I suggest the developers of MSDN to create one please.  Understatedly, there is a growing demand for app developers who program in more than one computer programming language nowadays.  

The only difference is compiler compatibility searching and setting...and don't forget using JSON scripting applets.

I do apologize for my understanding for your forum otherwise.  

Can you provide this refer this link to other users, so that they do not get lost?

Regards,

JohnDBCTX

jp

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:16 AM
  • You can add these suggestions here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=suggest

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Discussion/bd-p/CommunityQuestions

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by JohnDBCTX Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:14 PM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:01 PM
  • You need to change the type of this thread to discussion. This is not a question.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Marked as answer by JohnDBCTX Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:12 PM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:00 PM
  • Also see the TechNet Wiki. It is a place where you can find and put technical articles, whether for developers or non-developers. If you cannot find an article (such as Visual Studio Code: Getting Started) anywhere that you think should exist then you can create one. You can even create a stub for others to add to. Note that by definition of what the TechNet Articles are, other people will improve anything you put there, whether you like that or not. I cannot be specific about where to find all the answers about TechNet Articles; it is like a commune without a specific leader. Another warning is that the TechNet people expect you to join the Facebook group; they do not state it explicitly how important that it is but they do expect it. And the Facebook group is a typical social network group where traditional manners do not apply; they feel free to be close-minded in the group. The following are some articles I bookmarked for myself. There are many more.

How to Contribute

Getting Started

Governance and Guidelines

User Experience Guidelines

How to Use the Editor

List of Checks for Every TechNet Wiki Article (Describes how to edit articles written by others.)

Wiki: Message Templates

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:25 AM