WHS - Multiple Errors RRS feed

• Question

• I've been having an issue with my WHS (HP MediaSmart first generation) saying 'The Windows Media Connect Software is not running..'.

I finally got around to looking into the issue today. The first thing I noticed is that the health light on the WHS was blinking (blue). Usually I'm not in the room with the WHS, so I'm not sure how long this has been occuring.

I checked the Event Viewer / Application log and I'm getting the following errors:

EventType clr20r3, P1 topwhsmonitor.exe, P2 4.7.2.195, P3 4837114e, P4 topwhsmonitor, P5 4.7.2.195, P6 4837114e, P7 59, P8 7, P9 system.io.filenotfoundexception, P10 NIL.

Faulting application hpservermonitor.exe, version 1.3.8.25155, stamp 496be064, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4480, stamp 49c51f0a, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000bef7.

The per-user filter pool for session 3 could not be added <7007,1>.
    Details: A close operation is pending on the session. (0x80071b5f)

The per-user filter pool for session 2 could not be added <7007,1>.
    Details: A close operation is pending on the session. (0x80071b5f)

Now when I try to connect to WHS using the connector software, I'm getting the following errors:

The previous attempt to open the Windows Home Server Console was not successful because there was a problem with the following file: HomeServerConsoleTab.HP.dll. If the problem persists, please uninstall the addin associated with this file and try again.
    To try to open the console with this file again, click retry. To open the console without the features associated with this file, click Skip.

The only recent changes I've performed is installing an additional internal HD approx. 1 1/2 months ago. I also enabled folder duplication at that time. I've also installed the latest Windows 7 RC beta on the other computers in the house.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:43 AM

All replies

• Have you installed any commercial or community add-ins? Probably the best (fastest, most reliable) way to fix the issue is going to be using the HP supplied Server Recovery disk and doing a Server Recovery (not Factory Reset). Your manuals will describe exactly how to do this.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:07 PM