CRM 2011 Email Workflow Dynamic Values for Custom Entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I'm running CRM 2011 on premise.

I have a custom Entity that I would like to create an email workflow for. When I create the Send Email step and begin to create the email, there don't appear to be any of the Entity fields to choose from in the Form Assistant. I feel like I am missing something obvious, but I'm not having an luck finding the answer. Any suggestions?

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:29 PM

Answers

• HI Bastionpoint,

"TO” and ”FROM” fields in email can be filled only with Lead, Contact, Account or User as per my considerations. As i tried to work in the same scenario but we did not got result.

So you cannot populate “TO” of “FROM” fields by attribute from custom entity by workflow. 

But this can be achieved using the custom plug-inn.

Prudveen D

• Proposed as answer by Prudween Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bastionpoint Monday, February 25, 2013 9:51 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:06 AM

All replies

• Please make sure you have selected correct entity while creating workflow.

when you select send email step then Set Properties -> In form assistant there is Look For drop down to select Primary entity and next drop down shows the list of attributes.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:51 PM
  • Hello,

You should be able to see list of the field that is compatible with the attribute selected while designing email, can you share screenshot so that we can see where is the issue ?

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:35 PM
  • HI Bastionpoint,

"TO” and ”FROM” fields in email can be filled only with Lead, Contact, Account or User as per my considerations. As i tried to work in the same scenario but we did not got result.

So you cannot populate “TO” of “FROM” fields by attribute from custom entity by workflow. 

But this can be achieved using the custom plug-inn.

Prudveen D

• Proposed as answer by Prudween Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bastionpoint Monday, February 25, 2013 9:51 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:06 AM
  • Hi Bastionpoint,

“TO” and ”FROM” fields in email can be filled only with Lead, Contact, Account or User but we cannot use workflow to trigger the emails for custom entities. As i worked with the same scenario but i didn't got the result . So you cannot populate “TO” of “FROM” fields by attribute from custom entity by workflow. But we can achieve this issue using the custom plug-inns

Prudveen D

• Proposed as answer by Prudween Friday, February 22, 2013 6:50 AM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:16 AM
  • Please also check that you have published the fields.

Regards Faisal

Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Thanks to everyone that answered. I apologize for not checking back sooner.

Prudween, that is exactly what I am seeing. I was so focused on the from and to fields that I did not notice that the custom fields are available in the body of the email. I will investigate the plug-in option for the email fields.

Monday, February 25, 2013 10:02 PM