none
PP2 has broken the operating system version RRS feed

• Question

• Installed PP2 and all is well bar that one of my pc's under server consul is showing operating system unknown when all my pc's are running window vista home premium

Any ideas how to fix
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:46 PM

All replies

• Installed PP2 and all is well bar that one of my pc's under server consul is showing operating system unknown when all my pc's are running window vista home premium

Any ideas how to fix

Did you try uninstalling the Connector software from that client, rebooting it, then installing the software again (from \\server\software\home server connector software)?
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:13 PM
  • tried that but the same problem

noticed that the connector software still show whs with pp1

don't know if this was not updated with the pp2 upgrade
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 10:21 AM
  • tried that but the same problem

noticed that the connector software still show whs with pp1

That's normal.  MS didn't update the EULA to say PP2.  However, just to make sure, when you go the folder I listed above, what's the date for the file setup.exe?

don't know if this was not updated with the pp2 upgrade

When that particular client is turned on and you look at the Computers and Backup tab in the Console, is the pic of the computer/monitor blue or gray?  Are you able to run a manual backup of that client?
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 2:07 PM
  • i can do a back up no problem its just the operating version says unknown

a small problem i know but its annoying

setup file is dated

created 24 march  2009 18.22.13

modified 10 march 2009 23.33.00

Sunday, March 29, 2009 2:15 PM
  • just uninstalled again

reinstalled from the software share and the same again no known operating system :-(
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 2:23 PM
  • just uninstalled again

reinstalled from the software share and the same again no known operating system :-(

OOPS!  I said the wrong file.  I meant WHSConnector.msi (and WHSConnector_x64.msi).  However, if those are within a few hours of setup.exe, then you have the correct files.  What about the computer icon in Computers and Backup?  Is it blue or gray (when the client is on)?  If it's gray, then it's possible you are looking at the wrong computer.  There may be another computer in the list with the exact same name on it that does have the OS name.  If the icon is blue, then you might want to try filing a bug report on Connect.
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 2:46 PM
  • hiya

yes when the pc is on its shows as blue

and those files are the same date as above just different times

thanks
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 3:51 PM