Power Pack 3 not showing up in Windows Update RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to update to Power Pack 3.

Here is what I show in the in resource window:

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.1800.0

It also says I have power pack 1 installed on the top of the resource window. Also in the control panel under System Properties it says I have Power Pack 2 installed. I am a little confused here. When I try to update the server there are no updates showing. Any thoughts?
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:36 AM

Answers

• Version numbers indicate you are still running Power Pack 1. Apparently something went wrong with the Power Pack 2 update and Power Pack 2 needs to be installed properly before you will get Power Pack 3

Please logon to your server desktop, go to control panel. Add or Remove programs, have "show updates" checked, look for Power Pack 2. If it's listed please try and uninstall, then run windows update again from the Home Server Console, Settings menu. . If this doesn't work you could try uninstallin Power Pack 1, then run windows update again.

If this also fails you may need to do a server reinstall, which is described in this FAQ post.
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:46 AM

All replies

• Version numbers indicate you are still running Power Pack 1. Apparently something went wrong with the Power Pack 2 update and Power Pack 2 needs to be installed properly before you will get Power Pack 3

Please logon to your server desktop, go to control panel. Add or Remove programs, have "show updates" checked, look for Power Pack 2. If it's listed please try and uninstall, then run windows update again from the Home Server Console, Settings menu. . If this doesn't work you could try uninstallin Power Pack 1, then run windows update again.

If this also fails you may need to do a server reinstall, which is described in this FAQ post.
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:46 AM
  • Thanks brubber. Doing the uninstalling of Power Pack 2 and reinstalling did the trick. I was also able to install Power Pack 3.

Thanks again.
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:02 PM
  • I had a similar problem because having previously installed the prerelease version of PP 3. After having removed the prerelease through Add/Remove Programs, the final release showed up as available update and could be installed fine. Then it also found a newer version of the WHS Connector software for the clients and installed it too (on the client(s)).
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:59 PM