Outlook questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

1. How to prevent Dead, Deleted and Inactive records coming from CRM to outlook?

2 To delete bad record, can we delete current address book and recreate?

3. How to setup auomatic email template with Signature with most crm emails? Want it to show when CRM Email is selected, If special Email template is selected and applied then it should override the default Email template.

Thanks

VP

Friday, May 7, 2010 5:07 PM

Answers

• Yes for CRM e-mails. Look in Settings | Templates. There you can create e-mail templates for different types of records and add merge fields from the record or generic templates.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 17, 2010 7:42 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 10:39 PM

All replies

• Hi All,

Can anybody help me with the above queries? Any pointer would be helpful.

cheers

VP

Sunday, May 9, 2010 10:37 PM
  • I'll try to answer your questions.

Not sure what you mean by dead, deleted and inactive records. Assuming that you are talking about contacts - contact records are either active or inactive. A deleted record is removed from CRM.

The contacts that are copied (synchronized) from CRM to Outlook are controlled by the user's CRM options in Outlook in Modify Local Data Groups. This defaults to contacts that the user owns in CRM.

CRM does not offer e-mail signatures. If you are using Exchange I would consider using a third-party signature tool such as Exclaimer or review dynamic signatures in Exchange 2010.

Monday, May 10, 2010 8:46 AM
  • Thanks for the resolution but can we setup automatic email templates?

Cheers

VP

Monday, May 10, 2010 5:30 PM
  • Yes for CRM e-mails. Look in Settings | Templates. There you can create e-mail templates for different types of records and add merge fields from the record or generic templates.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 17, 2010 7:42 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 10:39 PM