Can S&T 2011 breakup and optimize routes for each day of a week with one Start/End point? RRS feed

• Question

• Let's say I have a bunch of stops for a route person.  They start from home everyday and work stops in a different area of town each day.   They may go to the southern stops on Tuesday, the North on Wednesday, the east of Thursday, etc.  

They start from the same place and end up in the same place every day and work roughly 7-9 hour days. 

Up until now, the only way to do this was to highlight a few stops, encircle them, and create the Start/End point on each day.  If I circle all the stops it just looks like one huge route and takes several days. 

But what I'm looking for for my route people is to put in all their stops for the week (excel upload of addresses), and then optimize the stops for each day on the road to minimize backtracking which costs me money and labor.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:21 PM

All replies

• Hi RedCenLA,

The 2011 version (details here) didn't add any new functionality that would change (simplify) how this is done.

Laptop GPS World
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:25 PM
  • Thanks for the guidance, Marvin.  I was hoping this software could do that but I guess it has its limitations for route personnel needs.  I'll keep looking I guess.  Thanks again!!

Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:18 PM