none
Cannot submit question: "Title must be 1 to 255 characters long" RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to submit a question to the Windows XP Forums -> Hardware and Drivers forum about a non-functioning mouse, but every time I click "Submit" I get the above error message, regardless of the number of characters in the title. There appears to be a fault in the page. To start with, there is grey instructional text in the Title box, which should disappear when the box is clicked (or in my case, navigate by means of the tab key). However, the text does not go and must be manually removed. Also, any characters typed into the box are also grey, whereas they should be black. While the focus is in the Title box, the bar at the bottom of the browser window (I do not know what the bar is called) carries the following text: "javascript: return false;". This, plus the error message, which is accompanied by a red border around the Title box, suggests to me that the script on the page is not recognising any text in the Title box. I have emptied my browser cache and restarted my computer, but the page behaves the same way each time. 

Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you tell me the URL you are having problems with? This might be a forums system we don't own (Answers forums) for example, I'd like to route this to the right people if this is the case. Thanks
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:58 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, Brent. The URL is:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/newthread?forum=xphardware

Hi

The forum where you are trying to post the question is not on the same servers as these current forums.

You need to post your problem report in the following Answers feedback forum.

Microsoft Answers Site Feedback Forum:
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Saturday, July 31, 2010 4:45 AM
  • Thank you for directing me to the correct forum, Ronnie. Unfortunately, when I tried to post a question there, I had exactly the same problem: the Title box does not recognise any text, so when I click Submit it throws up the same error message.

I am wondering whether there is some other way of contacting the people running the social.answers.microsoft.com servers, but I do appreciate the time you people have given to something that is not your problem. 

Saturday, July 31, 2010 5:25 PM
  • Can you tell me the URL you are having problems with? This might be a forums system we don't own (Answers forums) for example, I'd like to route this to the right people if this is the case. Thanks
    Community Forums Program Manager

Hi Brent

This is apparently happening on the Answers forums.

Can you get the attention of someone on the PQO Team to look into this problem?

Thanks,

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 6:22 PM
  • Thank you for directing me to the correct forum, Ronnie. Unfortunately, when I tried to post a question there, I had exactly the same problem: the Title box does not recognise any text, so when I click Submit it throws up the same error message.

I am wondering whether there is some other way of contacting the people running the social.answers.microsoft.com servers, but I do appreciate the time you people have given to something that is not your problem. 

Hi

See my reply to Brent.

Keep monitoring this thread for a response.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 6:23 PM
  • Has there been no response from the other team yet?

Friday, August 6, 2010 7:16 AM