CRM 4.0 External Web Pages RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We migrated from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0,

I need to deploy  external web pages to CRM 4.0 , What are the steps i need to follow in order to make sure it works..

Perviously in CRM 3.0 below are the steps that i used to follow , while adding the External Web pages into CRM 3.0

1> Build the solution in VS 2003

2>Copy and paste the solution into  CRMServer  C:/ Drive,

3> Opent inetmgr --> under CRM 3.0 website , Create a virtual Directory

4> Follw the  wizard .and refer to the Solution that was pasted into CRMServer C;/Drive

Is this the same in CRM 4.0, if not please send me the steps to deploy webpages into CRM 4.0

and also please tell me if there are any other ways of deployment of Reports and Iframes into CRM 4.0

Thank you.....

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi vishawz,

FYI,
    deploy your code to the CRM application(inetmgr) under ISV folder, the folder is for you to put your custom page inside.
    *if you deploy in others directory, you may face some weird problem.

regards,
    toongyang

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 7:45 AM
  • There are several differences between CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0:

1. As stated in the above post, you should put your pages in a subfolder of the ISV folder. You can either place the files in a physical folder within the CRM web site, or as a virtual directory elsewhere
    2. There is no longer a need to put the application in a different application pool (and if you use so of the new web service functionality, such as the CrmImpersonator class, you will need to use the CrmAppPool)
    3. There are some extra web.config settings that will be inherited from CRM 4.0, which require either overriding in your web.config, or changes to the GAC. See http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/2008/01/crm-40-error-with-isv-pages.html
    4. The CRM 4.0 web site runs ASP .Net 2.0. If you build your site with VS 2003 it will be compiled with .Net 1.1. I've not met any problems with this, but it's soemthing to be aware of
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:16 AM
  • Thank you so much..

I was able to understand the flow, i have not got the clear steps on how to deploy it step by step,

can you please send me a detail document on steps involved in deploying an external webpage to MS CRM 4.0 or some link which explains the steps

kindly help me..

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:26 AM
  • Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:11 AM
  • Thanks Imran.

This really heklped me...

Thank you once again....

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:59 AM