Migrating data from one entity to another RRS feed

• Question

• If I have a custom entity that I wanted to transfer all the data into Accounts, would that be possible? I need the notes in the notes section of the custom entity to migrate to the notes section in the Accounts entity.
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:43 PM

All replies

• for the records you can use export-import of csv option

for notes you may need to write a console application.

Karishma

Friday, February 13, 2015 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

Use Scribe or SSIS to migrate from one entity to another.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya
     blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, February 13, 2015 9:21 AM
  • Why not a workflow to run on your custom entity: - on custom entity first create a lookup to account you will migrate its data to - in workflow create an account in which you map custom entity fields to account fields - in same workflow you update the custom entity account lookup field with the created and migrated account Next you create workflow to run on notes (this im not 100pct sure is possiboe but try it) - this should create a new note with text from the note it runs on - and set the new note regarding the existing notes custom entity account lookup field (which should contain the new account) With advanced find you can find notes related to your custom entity and then run sorkflow 2 above

Resultater med Microsoft CRM

Sunday, February 15, 2015 9:36 PM