not indexed or listed in search rankings RRS feed

• Question

• Upon validation of "robots.txt"
    "Warning: 'sitemap' - tag isn't specified."

Submitted site a while ago, and the site itself has been online for at least 5 years.
    I rank #1 in several yahoo categories, and list highly on google as well.

What gives?

Any advice will certainly be appreciated.
    TIA

Thursday, February 7, 2008 9:48 PM

Answers

• If you go to live search and type in site:www.lakewoodroofing.net it shows as cached on 2/7.

That's good news, it just means you need a few more backlinks to get Live digging into your content.  It's already caching your page so it's only a matter of time.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 4:09 PM

All replies

• Oh Yeah, The URL is <http://www.lakewoodroofing.net>

I have submitted the index twice, have submitted a sitemap.

When one searches for "lakewood roofing" where my site intuitively would rank very highly, MSN indicates the site does not exist.

It Does Exist.

Really, It Does.

I'm Not Kidding.
    Friday, February 8, 2008 2:47 PM
  • If you go to live search and type in site:www.lakewoodroofing.net it shows as cached on 2/7.

That's good news, it just means you need a few more backlinks to get Live digging into your content.  It's already caching your page so it's only a matter of time.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 4:09 PM
  • Thanks for putting an eyeball to it, Promo.  I'm thinking however, I'll just give up on MSN, as it is dissapointing to have not even my index page show up in search results when searching for "lakewood roofing".
    Quite frankly, I'll just hope people use other (real) search engines, as trying to get listed in MSN has been a colossal waste of my time.  I wish I could have it back.

Yours,
    Roscopico
    Monday, February 11, 2008 2:30 PM