none
from domain to workgroup and back again

Question

• We have instructors who use their laptops to logon to our in house, closed LAN to teach courses locally.  When they go into the field, they set up the laptops to work in workgroups to complete the training, using colligo software to mimic the in house server.  When they return, the teach in house again, and rejoin the domain on our in house LAN.  We are using Vista SP2 on the laptops.  The in house server uses individual SSP's in SharePoint 3.0 for each individual course.  When they come back, and rejoin to the domain, they have to not only logon to the server, but to each file in the server with their instructor logons id's with administrator permissions.

First, when I run the gpresult /h program, the Internet Explorer Zonemapping dissappears from the Component Status under the User Configuration Summary.  How do I add it back in?

Secondly, when running gpedit, under Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options,  both the Accounts: Administrator Account Status and the Accounts: Guest Accounts Status have changed from N/A to Disabled. (I compared a laptop that has never gone out to one that has just returned from the field to get these results).

My question is, how do I get the laptop to respond correctly (logon once to the domain, then access each file without a logon prompt for each file) when rejoined to the domain?

Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:01 PM