none
profile picture as an avatar? RRS feed

• Question

• my profile picture is 38.1 KB can this be converted to comply with requested avatar features
    Yours Sincerely MARTIN BEATTIE.
    • Moved by Lori Dirks Sunday, July 3, 2011 5:40 PM move to profile discussion forum (From:Expression Web and SuperPreview)
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 1:31 AM

Answers

• The question,can i upload my picture profile as an avatar i accidently worked it out-after you click edit my profile under the avatar icon the option to BROWES from your own computer files appears-once you have BROWESD and selected your picture profile and opened it, the picture doesnt appear emmediatly-but then scroll down to the bottom of profile setup page and click SAVE then PRESTO-AMAZING YOUR PICTURE PROFILE APPEARS AND SECURES IN THE AVATAR BOX.

I HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE ELSE SO THEY DONT HAVE TO GO AROUND IN CIRCLES FOR AGES LIKE I DID.

YOURS SINCERELY,

Martin Beattie.

Yours Sincerely, MARTIN BEATTIE.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean Jenkin Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean Jenkin Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:46 PM
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 5:53 AM

All replies

• The question,can i upload my picture profile as an avatar i accidently worked it out-after you click edit my profile under the avatar icon the option to BROWES from your own computer files appears-once you have BROWESD and selected your picture profile and opened it, the picture doesnt appear emmediatly-but then scroll down to the bottom of profile setup page and click SAVE then PRESTO-AMAZING YOUR PICTURE PROFILE APPEARS AND SECURES IN THE AVATAR BOX.

I HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE ELSE SO THEY DONT HAVE TO GO AROUND IN CIRCLES FOR AGES LIKE I DID.

YOURS SINCERELY,

Martin Beattie.

Yours Sincerely, MARTIN BEATTIE.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean Jenkin Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean Jenkin Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:46 PM
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 5:53 AM
  • This is the Expresion Web forum.  There is a forum for questions about the actual forum.  In future, try that, please.
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 6:36 AM
  • And I assure you that no one really gives a hoot in hell about your avatar. Most regular contributors here who have provided one did so only because the system started replacing the previous generic, head-and-shoulders "pawn piece" graphic with arbitrarily assigned funky random geometric patterns as avatars. Others haven't even bothered to replace those.

This is a developer's forum, not a gaming a site or social networking site, a la Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc. Unless you attract negative attention to yourself, the odds are good that no one will ever think twice about your avatar, and if you do, no one will care about your avatar.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 12:11 PM