Emails not entering queue... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am running the following setup:

x64 Application Server, Windows 2008, Rollup 15

x32 Email Router, Windows 2008, Rollup 15

All tests on the email router complete without any problems.

Mails do randomly track into the queue however not all of them, the queue is set to track 'All Items'. The queue is also set to use the forward mailbox, and all mails do hit the forward mailbox and get processed.

This did used to work without any problems and the only change we have made is upgrading from RU13 > 15.

We run an Exchange 2007 server with SP2.

We do get some errors on the email router from 'MSCRMEmail' with Event ID 0. Here are some of them:

#17174 - An error occurred while validating the e-mail message with subject "FW: Today " in mailbox xxx@xxx.co.uk. System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

#27938 - An error occurred while checking for e-mail messages to process in mailbox xxx@xxx.co.uk System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

#9628 - An error occurred while delivering the e-mail message with subject "RE: prices w.c 21.03.11" in mailbox xxx@xxx.co.uk for delivery to http://crm:5555/Valpak. System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

#61346 - An error occurred while checking for outgoing e-mail messages to process for SMTP: http://crm:5555/OrgName. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request.

However the timings on these errors do not seem to match the times of my emails.

Any help would be massivly appreciated as this is causing me some huge problems.

Regards

Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:59 PM

Answers

• Any pattern that you notice in the recipient/sender of the emails that are not tracked.
    Are all emails coming from the same forward mailbox?

It looks like when router is the middle of processing the email, it would contact Exchange and excahneg is respondign with 404 (why?).
    In such instances, router will sometimes not process the email and move it to the undelvierable folder in the forward mailbox.

Could you look for the word "undeliverable" in the logs?
    If there was an error like
        "An error occurred while delivering the e-mail message with subject"
    you will find logs like
        "The message .... was moved to ... undeliverable folder ....".

Any reason why Exchange is throwing 404? If you are using EWS profile, pls check the IIS and EWS traced from the Exchange server.

Friday, March 18, 2011 5:11 AM

All replies

• I have noticed that when i try to send an email via telnet i recieve:

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay.

I have checked and the server is in the accepted realy list on my exchange server.

This issue seems to have started when we moved the server onto a hyper-v clustered environment.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:22 PM
  • Okay fixed the relay problem, original issue still happening.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Any pattern that you notice in the recipient/sender of the emails that are not tracked.
    Are all emails coming from the same forward mailbox?

It looks like when router is the middle of processing the email, it would contact Exchange and excahneg is respondign with 404 (why?).
    In such instances, router will sometimes not process the email and move it to the undelvierable folder in the forward mailbox.

Could you look for the word "undeliverable" in the logs?
    If there was an error like
        "An error occurred while delivering the e-mail message with subject"
    you will find logs like
        "The message .... was moved to ... undeliverable folder ....".

Any reason why Exchange is throwing 404? If you are using EWS profile, pls check the IIS and EWS traced from the Exchange server.

Friday, March 18, 2011 5:11 AM