can I use the SYSTEM user to send email RRS feed

• Question

• I would like have reminder emails spawned in a workflow come from SYSTEM, i.e. NOT someone (i.e. I'm not interested in {Owner(Lead)}.)  And I'm on-line.

I would guess I might insert SYSTEM hard coded.  However, I notice that the SYSTEM account has no email address and is marked as disabled.  I envision obstacles.  I don't want to pay for a license.  I don't even know if I can enable the SYSTEM.  I don't think an administration license can create records or grant everyone the privilege to mail in his name.  Can I get away with SYSTEM@orgname.onmicrosoft.com?

More specifically, I want to send an email on delete where the deletion occurs due to a bulk delete job.
    • Edited by mardukes Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:40 PM bulk delete
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can't (as you suspected!) use the SYSTEM user to send emails as the sender - but you can create emails using the SYSTEM user (in a plugin) but the sender must be a valid user with email address.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:36 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

You can't (as you suspected!) use the SYSTEM user to send emails as the sender - but you can create emails using the SYSTEM user (in a plugin) but the sender must be a valid user with email address.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:36 AM
    Answerer
  • How about giving the Organization Queue a mailbox and using it?

Again, it's not so much creating the email, it's who's sending it.  It's a create mail step in a UI Workflow which fires on delete and the deletor is the SYSTEM via a bulk delete job.  I've got to figure out someplace from which it comes and I'd rather not have the owner emailing himself.  And I'm also trying to avoid paying for a seat for the SYSTEM.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:52 PM