none
Win10 Update Messed Up Keyboard

Question

• Hello.  After the latest Win10 update this week, parts of my Toshiba Satellite L775-S7105 keyboard are not working properly.  The Function keys across the top, the 1 - 4 keys (and their corresponding special characters), and the Space bar, as far as I can tell, are not working.  I was thinking of perhaps going into Device Manager and deleting the keyboard and then powering the laptop off and back on.  Does anyone have any other suggestions before I try that?  Thanks. 
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 1:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can try the windows forums over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10

or if a hardware issue over here.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/navShell?cf=community_forum

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 18, 2017 1:15 PM
  • Hi MitMad,

As for Function keys, please uninstall "TOSHIBA Function Key" in Programs and features, if it exists.

I suppose your problem causes from hardware malfunction, not from Win10 update.
    I have never heard [Space bar] get to not work by Windows Update.  
    If Toshiba provides some utilities for testing hardware, please check your keyboard by them.

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Sunday, March 19, 2017 1:50 AM
  • Yes, I found the answer in answers.microsoft.com.  The update had messed up the touchpad driver, which for some reason affected the whole keyboard.  By deleting the driver in Device Manager, and then downloading the Toshiba Windows 7 64-bit Synapsis touchpad driver from the Softpedia site and rebooting, the keyboard worked again.  Thanks to Rajiim Gross in the answers forum for the answer that worked.

Mitch D Madison

Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:45 PM