backup and restore problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi! any one can help me about my problem. i made a normal and incremental backup i can restore the normal backup with no problems all files were there  however if i made an incremental backup those files that edited or modified did not effect during restoration of incremental backup same with diffrential. however if i will create a new file and perform an incremental or differential those new files were restored... only those modified or change files were not updated,please help me...it's reallly my big problem.

thanks you.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 10:51 PM

Answers

•  550 Belmont wrote:

Hi Steve, I've had no problem backing up my files with OneCare for 6 months.  However, about 2 weeks ago the backup function began to give me a message that it does not recognize that there is a disc in my e-drive to receive the backup, even though I have inserted numerous blank, rewritable discs to try to get the backup to work.  This means I have no means to back up my files on OneCare now.  I'm thinking of cancelling the service, but don't want to if you can help.  Thanks for thinking abou this. 

Please contact support on this problem. 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

The fact that it worked before and then stopped for no apparent reason leads me to suspect that something has gotten corrupt or a program has taken over the CD/DVD drive in some way.

-steve

Monday, January 21, 2008 3:36 AM

All replies

• If you didn't use OneCare to backup, you're off topic for this forum. It doesn't sound like you're talking about OneCare as all of OneCare's backups are incremental. The restore with OneCare restores the latest state of your data files.

-steve

Monday, November 19, 2007 2:41 AM
  • Hi Steve, I've had no problem backing up my files with OneCare for 6 months.  However, about 2 weeks ago the backup function began to give me a message that it does not recognize that there is a disc in my e-drive to receive the backup, even though I have inserted numerous blank, rewritable discs to try to get the backup to work.  This means I have no means to back up my files on OneCare now.  I'm thinking of cancelling the service, but don't want to if you can help.  Thanks for thinking abou this. 

Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:51 PM
  •  550 Belmont wrote:

Hi Steve, I've had no problem backing up my files with OneCare for 6 months.  However, about 2 weeks ago the backup function began to give me a message that it does not recognize that there is a disc in my e-drive to receive the backup, even though I have inserted numerous blank, rewritable discs to try to get the backup to work.  This means I have no means to back up my files on OneCare now.  I'm thinking of cancelling the service, but don't want to if you can help.  Thanks for thinking abou this. 

Please contact support on this problem. 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

The fact that it worked before and then stopped for no apparent reason leads me to suspect that something has gotten corrupt or a program has taken over the CD/DVD drive in some way.

-steve

Monday, January 21, 2008 3:36 AM
  • Thanks for responding so quickly.  Your response makes sense to me.  Any advice on what to do now?  I am still a subscriber to WindowsOneCare.  Any way I can use the program to help me?  Any thoughts will be helpful.  Best regards.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:54 AM
  • You're welcome. As a subscriber to OneCare, you have access to phone, chat and email support for help with the problem. I'd reach out to them.

-steve
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:44 PM
  •  550 Belmont wrote:

Hi Steve, I've had no problem backing up my files with OneCare for 6 months.  However, about 2 weeks ago the backup function began to give me a message that it does not recognize that there is a disc in my e-drive to receive the backup, even though I have inserted numerous blank, rewritable discs to try to get the backup to work.  This means I have no means to back up my files on OneCare now. 

Rewritable disks can be formatted various ways - for data, or music/video CD or DVD, etc. Some of those formats cannot be used for backup. The backup programs is able to use completely blank unformatted disks, though. Try erasing the disks, using the disk management program that came with the drive.

I had a similar problem, after inserting the disk, Backup would say the disk was in use by another program. Turned out to be the "Autoplay" function, it would try to open the disk when inserted, and would interfere with backup. A "workaround" was to switch off the autoplay function for that drive. I was able to do that, but the weird thing is, now I can't remember how I did it, and I haven't been able to find that information!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:34 PM
  • Thanks again; what is the number for phone contact?  Rebecca

Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:30 AM
  • Thursday, January 24, 2008 1:33 PM
  • I tried the link you provided above, but for some reason after I select "get more help", the program does not take me to the options to register for technical support/validation of my program so that I can request phone contact.  Instead, it recycles me to the automated help list.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Rebecca

Friday, January 25, 2008 7:25 PM