locked
Importing Customer Portal Solution for CRM 2015 throws Error: plugintype With Id = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Does Not Exist. RRS feed

  • Question

  • When I try to import Customer Portal Solution for CRM 2015, import fails with Error- CustomerPortal.Plugins.EventRegistration: Create of Campaign Response. The record was not found or you do not have permission to view it.

    Error in log file:

    Error: plugintype With Id = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Does Not Exist and import fails.

    How can I resolve this?




    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 9:31 AM

All replies

  • When I try to import Customer Portal Solution for CRM 2015, import fails with Error- CustomerPortal.Plugins.EventRegistration: Create of Campaign Response. The record was not found or you do not have permission to view it.


    I have the same problem when importing the Solution in to CRM 2015 Online.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 6:32 AM
  • I haven't worked through everything yet so can't say I have it all working yet.  I don't know how MS can post this as working solution on PinPoint when you can't just load it in to a brand new CRM 2015 online trial.

    I have managed to import the solution file - BUT, I had to do a dirty hack, I:

    • edited the solution.xml and removed the root entries for the 2 plugins and their Steps (list of GUIDs below the plugin entries)
    • edited the customization.xml and replaced the <SolutionPluginAssemblies> & <SdkMessageProcessingSteps> sections with <SolutionPlugunAssemblies /> & <SdkMessageProcessingSteps />

    I could then successfully load the Solution file. 

    I then found the plugin source code, Signed the project and recompiled and loaded using the PluginRegistrationTool (note: I couldn't just use the already compiled .dll provided as I received an error when trying to register it, and I had to re-Sign the project not use the current settings).

    Couple of things I have noticed, In CRM it looks like the old CRM 2011 one, the Event details are against Campaign and on the old "Information" form not the new form. Appears to have some of the same issues that the CRM 2011 one had in the Form JS in CRM (like the hard coding of "Marketing Manager" security role to show hide).  

    Monday, February 23, 2015 5:38 AM
  • After playing with it some more, finally got the Solution file to import successfully with a minor edit to the XML.  After my previous hack where I manually registered the plugins, I found that I could register the plugins in the Soltuion file without needing to recompile them (unlike the ones provided in the debug/release directories provided) I manually registered the plugins and then exported a new Solution with just the Plugins & Steps and looked for differences between the XML of the 2 solutions. 

    The issue appears to be the PublicKeyToken that is currently assigned against the 2 Plugins & their Plugin Steps in the solution.xml and customizations.xml files in the Solution.

    I replaced the value used for "PublicKeyToken=" for the 2 plugins & their steps with the value that I got when I manually registered the Plugin (the dll in the solution file not a recompiled one) using the PluginRegistrationTool and then was able to successfully import the Solution.

    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:12 AM