Getting the OCS 2007 R2 RGS Queue visible RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a complete OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise environment in place, using a headquarter - branch office set up, using multiple mediation servers and gateways in different countries.
    This question is about our location, having a mediation server and Audiocodes Mediant 1000 gateway, to provide SAS functionality as our location hosts a Helpdesk as well. We cannot have the situation where OCS cannot authenticate (data line to headquarters down) and our helpdesk would be inaccesible. We are using a mixed setup of Polycom CX200 phones and SNOM 320 phones.
    We are a IT company with 30 employees on this site (our OCS environment is serving hundreds of UM clients, tens of Enterprise Voice users at the "headquarters" and now 30 EV at our site), serving IT services to hundreds/thousants customers. These customers are using old-fashion telephone systems, so all helpdesk calls come in by the PSTN via the gateway and our mediation server, to use, using the the OCS farm at the headquarters.

This question is the last piece for completely ruling out our old PBX system (without any ACD fucntionalities), but to ensure the OCS setup is reliable and reachable.

We have created two enhanced huntgroup workflows (two different helpdesk telephone numbers), connected to one queue, which has two groups (informal and formal one), each having 4 users.
    We still need to clarify and decide on an overflow and/or redirection to our old PBX for these workflows, but first we need to have the answers on below question. Unfortunately my search during the last days hasn't put me anyway near the solution, but I'm hoping one of you will have the answer.

We want to be able to have a "live view" on the content of the queue. So a simple counter in the communicator, or in our solarwinds, or a simple webpage, it doesn't matter - we just want to be able to either see it on the analysts desks and/or on one of the big screens in the office (which also shows counters for the current incident list and WAN connections status). This would be to know how many or how long our users are in the queue, and should prevent that no helpdesk employees are logged in / available in MOC thus no calls would be received, while the customers listening and waiting for ages in the queue.
    Until now I haven't find if it is possible, and how to gather this information.

Another (maybe more simple) question is if it is possible that when a call to the RG is ringing at the desk of helpdesk employee A, that employee B is answering this call by "taking over". Of course this is possible by using a parallel group, but thats not what we want. In the old PBX this function was called "pickup group" and was defined different from the call distribution (which only had the serial distribution method)...

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Louis - I don't have the answers but I have a couple of pointers if they help...

I have also thought about the 'queue view' but not had time to follow up on it - here's what I was thinking...

I believe all the details about what OCS is doing is held in the SQL database on the OCS server.  There maybe a way to query the database to find out how many calls are in the queue, who the calls are from, how long they have been there, etc...  OCS must be recording this info because it tracks how long a call has been in a queue for the timeout overflow to work.

Of course, finding that data in the OCS SQL tables might not be easy - but I do know you can query the database if you know what to look for...

As for the other issue - can you not set people as delegates of other people & they can pickup calls?  So - set Employee A to be a delegate of the others (and visa versa - yes it's a bit of messing about).  Can they not then pick each other's calls up?  I have not tested this feature - so again - I'm just musing...

Regards

Paul Adams
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:03 PM
  • We have set up a little AJAX website which queries

Server[@Name='OCSSERVER\RTC']/Database[@Name='acddyn']/Table[@Name='MatchRequests' and @Schema='dbo']/Data

Have a look at this table while there are active queued calls. If there ar no active calls, the table shoud be empty.

If you like send me a message and I'll send you that quick & dirty app.

Marcus

Friday, October 16, 2009 10:20 AM

• Marcus - THANK YOU for sharing!

I'd love that quick & dirty app - I'll send you an e-mail

UPDATE - I've tried looking but cannot find your e-mail address displayed in your forum profile.  Can I ask you to send it to me?  paul {dot} adams {at} firsttruck {dot} ca

Regards

Paul Adams
    Friday, October 16, 2009 4:35 PM
  • We have set up a little AJAX website which queries

Server[@Name='OCSSERVER\RTC']/Database[@Name='acddyn']/Table[@Name='MatchRequests' and @Schema='dbo']/Data

Have a look at this table while there are active queued calls. If there ar no active calls, the table shoud be empty.

If you like send me a message and I'll send you that quick & dirty app.

Marcus

I wonder if you would mind sending me that quick-and-dirty app as well.  kcarlson {at} fiosinc {dot} com.
    Monday, October 19, 2009 10:23 PM
  • I was also wondering if you could send me the quick-and-dirty app.  danp {at} lafitness {dot} com.  Thank you in advance.

Dan Peters
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:13 PM