none
UNABLE TO REINSTALL APP THAT FUNCIONED PREVIOUSLY WITH WINDOWS 10. RRS feed

• Question

• MESSAGE: "ERROR 1606. COULD NOT ACCESS NETWORK LOCATION EN-US."  I'M TRYING TO REINSTALL AN AUTOCAD APP THAT HAD BECOME UN-RESPONSIVE.  BUT I KEEP GETTING THIS ERROR MESSAGE.  IS THERE A PROGRAM ON WINDOWS 10 THAT TAKES THE PLACE OF THE "WINDOWS FIX-IT APP" ON WINDOWS 7 & 8?

TONE105

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:55 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 10:19 PM

Answers

•   IS THERE A PROGRAM ON WINDOWS 10 THAT TAKES THE PLACE OF THE "WINDOWS FIX-IT APP" ON WINDOWS 7 & 8?

Hello,

I agree with Wanikiya and Dyami - you should ask AutoCAD about their application.

For the "Fix-It", I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:55 PM
  • I suspect your best bet will be to contact the Autocads apps developer.  We have no idea why it needs to access a US network location.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 2:04 AM

All replies

• I suspect your best bet will be to contact the Autocads apps developer.  We have no idea why it needs to access a US network location.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 2:04 AM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:53 PM
  •   IS THERE A PROGRAM ON WINDOWS 10 THAT TAKES THE PLACE OF THE "WINDOWS FIX-IT APP" ON WINDOWS 7 & 8?

Hello,

I agree with Wanikiya and Dyami - you should ask AutoCAD about their application.

For the "Fix-It", I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:55 PM
  • Good Blog.  Subscribed +1

Loved the email -join

Spent some time in Billings.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 2:34 PM
  • Good Blog.  Subscribed +1

Loved the email -join

Spent some time in Billings.

Thanks - I need to get back to work on the blog.

Thanks, we had a fairly long discussion on signature in the Windows PowerShell forum, and somehow Lee Holmes saw mine and gave me a few pointers to make it more "PowerShell-y"

Karl

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 7:29 PM
  • I am always up for good tidbits on PS.  Just getting my feet wet.

I am an avid reader of the PS forum.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 4:17 PM
  • I am always up for good tidbits on PS.  Just getting my feet wet.

I am an avid reader of the PS forum.

I need to get back to spending time over there.

Karl

Friday, May 27, 2016 3:54 PM