Lost offline elearning courses. Business elearning courses have removed IT Academy elearning courses RRS feed

• Question

• I am doing some elearning courses, both through an IT Academy and through Business elearning (work related).

After downloading courses from the business elearning site, my ITAcademy courses have disappeared (though I still have the downloaded files at the default download location).

How do I add the missing course titles back onto the offline player. I have tried downloading the courses again with no luck.

regards

Stephen
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:12 AM

All replies

• Please make sure you followed the process properly.

Downloading Courses

From the Course Details Tab you have the ability to download courses in their entirety. To view course download options, click the Course Details Tab.

You can download individual lessons or the entire course to your computer to take offline. First, select the Select All check box or select the check box for each lesson you want to download. Then, click the Download Selected Items button at the top or bottom of the page.

Note: You must have the E-Learning Offline Player installed on your system before you can download a course. To install the E-Learning Offline Player, see the "Downloading and Installing the E-Learning Offline Player" section under FAQ.

Please review the course size listed and verify that your computer has enough disk space available to store the course. It is strongly recommended that you have at least a 56K modem connection before you attempt to download any course content.

Please note that many courses require plug-ins such as Flash to run. If you do not have the correct plug-ins installed on your local machine, please go to the "Setting Up your Computer" section under FAQ.

Downloading and Installing the E-Learning Offline Player

The E-Learning Offline Player provides the ability for you to download self-paced courses and to take them offline. This feature allows you to take your training anywhere, anytime, without having to access the Internet.

Installing

Before you can begin downloading content, you must first download and install the E-Learning Offline Player onto your local computer. The system will check to see if the player is already installed; if not, you will be prompted to install the E-Learning Offline Player using this page. Please note that you can't access the E-Learning Offline Player on your computer until you download a course.

Minimum Hardware and Software Requirements for E-Learning Offline Player.

Please read ALL of the instructions below before you download the player.

·         Before you download the E-Learning Offline Player, read the system requirements below to make sure your machine can run the player.

·         Click Download Now below when you are ready to install the player.

·         Save the setup file and run the file to install the player or install the player directly from the server by selecting Open. Note: Please do not rename the file. This filename is specifically used to determine the language in which to run the install program. If the file is renamed, the install program will automatically run in English.

·         After the E-Learning Offline Player is installed, return to the Course Details Tab, select the content to be downloaded and click the Download Selected Items button to download your content.

·         When your course has downloaded, find the E-Learning Offline Player icon on your desktop. Open that application to run your course locally.

Note: Individual courses may have specific minimum requirements.

Hardware/Software Minimum Requirements

Processor:

Flash:

A Pentium II, 256 MB RAM with a processor speed greater than or equal to 400 MHZ

Macromedia Flash 7.0 or higher (1MB disk space needed to install)

Supported System Platforms

*Supported Browsers

Microsoft® Windows® 2000 or higher

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher

*Note: The browser version you're running must support 128-bit encryption or secured pages will not display correctly.

If you still have problem, please contact your regional support: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/assisted/default.mspx

Rubel Khan
    • Proposed as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:51 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:51 PM
  • As I stated on my question, I know how to download the complete course.

I'll explain further, I was doing 2276 and 2277 through an IT Academy elearning center. I had downloaded these courses for offline use after installing the offline player. I've completed one, and nearly finished the other.

I then gained access to further Microsoft courses, this time through the business elearning (via works licence). I downloaded courses 2400 and 2008. These have downloaded fine and I can choose them on the offline player, but my 2 IT Academy courses are no longer on the main screen to be chosen, they have disappeared (Though the files are still in the default download location).

How can I reinstate the course title in the offline player so I can finish the 2277 course. Don't ask me to download it again as I have already done this as stated before. I only have access to courses 2400 and 2008.  Courses 2276 and 2277 are no longer an available as an option on the offline player main screen.

Is there a problem with downloading both IT Academy elearning, and Business Elearning courses, onto the offline player at the same time?

I hope this makes things somewhat clearer.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:22 PM
  • This might a bug, please post it in this forum http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LearningManagerBug/threads 

They are pretty fast answering and resolving an issue.

If I find anything I will let know.

Thank you
    Rubel Khan
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:02 PM
  • Hi There,
    Please contact Farooq at learnmgr@microsoft.com and he will be able to put you in touch with the right people who can resolve your issue.
    Thanks,
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:12 AM
  • Thanks for your valuable Reply. Jason. ___________________________ http://www.empowerbpo.com
    Monday, September 6, 2010 8:11 AM