CRM Router - Outgoing Failue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running the verson CRM 2011 Email Router and I have a current configuration on it with our old 2003 exchange server which is working fine.   I'm trying to change to our new 2010 Exchange server. I get the following error when I  Test Access Outgoing - in the Forward Mailboxes under Users, Queues and Forward Mailboxes,  Incoming Status is fine, but Outgoing failes with the error message:

Outgoing Status: Failure= An error occurred while checking the connection to e-mail server xxx.  A connection attemp failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

The setup for Outgoing is:

SMTP

Window Authentication

xxxx    (email server name)

Other Specified

domain\user of service account for crm  (I've tried a user that has organization rights to exchange and it gives the same error).

password

SMTP is working for other applications that send out emails just not for CRM.  Any ideas on what to look for?

Thanks,

Friday, February 24, 2012 3:05 PM

Answers

• I finally figured out what was going on.  1st: Our firewall was blocking a port to AD.   This was very strange as we have had it working with Exchange 2003 for months with no issues.   Exchange 2010 and CRM must use a different port to talk to AD.   2nd: There was also one for exchange that we found and opened.   Working now.   We ran the SMTPDIAG from MS and found the AD error in there which led me to my firewall logs.
    • Marked as answer by chi99 Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:14 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:14 PM

All replies