Workflow Email To: and From: fields are dimmed/disabled RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have system admin and system customizer role. We are using CRM 4.0 upgraded recently from 3.0. When I create a new workflow and try to send email by adding a step. The To: and From: fields are dimmed/disabled.  These fields are mandatory and I can not create an eamil step due to these dimmed fields.

Can some one predict why these fields are dimmed? Is there some configuration missing or changed??

Thank You in advance.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:04 PM

Answers

• Can  you share an image of your workflow.  What is the Workflow scope and what entity is it against?  Post a link to the image of your workflow so I can take a look. 

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, May 22, 2009 4:19 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2008 1:00 AM

All replies

• Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:44 AM
  • What does your workflow look like?  The fields are not dimmed for me when I create an e-mail within a workflow. 

Are you using an E-mail template for the workflow?  If so, sometimes that will limit the distribution list and may dim the fields.  If you are using an e-mail template, try creating the e-mail within the workflow instead and see if that provides you with the desired behavior.

Best Regards,

Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:12 PM
  • Donna,

I am not using Email template in Workflow. Any other ideas??

Thank You

Friday, August 1, 2008 12:25 AM
  • Can  you share an image of your workflow.  What is the Workflow scope and what entity is it against?  Post a link to the image of your workflow so I can take a look. 

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, May 22, 2009 4:19 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2008 1:00 AM