Size of the Connector Window and its Dialogs RRS feed

• General discussion

• The current size of the Home Server Connector window and its dialogs, even though it is fixed, is compatible with most displays in use. The emerging netbooks though have a 1024x600 resolution and this cuts off the bottom of the connector window and the dialogs used, making most buttons at the bottom inaccessible or blindly poking at the using the Tab key and other keys.

I hope that the next update will address this issue by either redesigning the window and dialog layouts or making the resizable (and, of course, remembering the sizes).
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 10:56 PM

All replies

• The current size of the Home Server Connector window and its dialogs, even though it is fixed, is compatible with most displays in use. The emerging netbooks though have a 1024x600 resolution and this cuts off the bottom of the connector window and the dialogs used, making most buttons at the bottom inaccessible or blindly poking at the using the Tab key and other keys.

I hope that the next update will address this issue by either redesigning the window and dialog layouts or making the resizable (and, of course, remembering the sizes).

You should file a product suggestion for this on Connect.
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 3:27 PM
  • From what I understand there is now an update available for the WHS which updates the connector to address the smaller NetBook screen issue. Thank you Microsoft.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:29 PM
  • From what I understand there is now an update available for the WHS which updates the connector to address the smaller NetBook screen issue. Thank you Microsoft.

FYI, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/963032
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:33 PM
  • Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:00 PM
  • Thanks. Wonder how that happens. Even when I try editing it to correct URL it reverts to wrong URL again.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:49 PM
  • Thanks. Wonder how that happens. Even when I try editing it to correct URL it reverts to wrong URL again.
    Fixed. There seems to be a bug in the forum software dealing with links entered while browsing the subject list. If you drill down into the specific thread (i.e. click on the thread subject) you can edit the link successfully there.

I'll figure out the exact repro steps and report the bug later.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:07 PM
  • Microsoft's "solution" is to reduce the size of the console window. However, it is now smaller than it has too, even on my standard-resolution netbook. And, since they did not actually resize the content within that window, we are now seeing these unsightly scrollbars.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 6:42 PM