looking for overall Onecare information RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

I am currently using WinXP Home, SP#3 with IE7 and am using a Internet Security Suite from another competitor.

The suite I am currently using seems to be having  problems on some of their recent program updates.  The problems are not what upsets me it is what I feel is the lack of support from the company itself.  The forum for their product is super but there is not much the moderators or anyone else can do if the problems are being ignored by the company.

When I contacted that company's tech support last week I received an answer saying I should hear back from them in 2-3 Business days.  To me this is unsatisfactory since I am a paying customer ... not getting a free ride.

Having said all that I would like to know what OneCare users think of the support they receive after contacting the OneCare owners?

Having surfed the forum it looks like all questions are being answered quickly and professionally.  But now I am interested in how the company itself responds to questions and problems?

Finally, In addition to my current Internet Security Suite, I run Ad-Aware 2008, Spybot S&D, SUPERAntispyware, Trojan Hunter, Spyware Blaster, A-Squared (Free) and Windows Defender.

If I would try OneCare after uninstalling my current Security Suite would OneCare clash with any of my other security programs I have mentioned?

Thanks and regards,

Marinepo

Monday, September 8, 2008 1:02 PM

Answers

• I think you'll find that many people are satisfied with the support received from OneCare support, though there will be lots of complaints, too. If the problem is highly complex, it can take a while to get a resolution. Getting to support can be tricky if OneCare won't start or if the web validation for your subscription doesn't work as expected. You would then use email support and a response typically comes within 24 hours. If you call, you still need to go through the voice response unit in an effort to let you resolve the issue before speaking with a tech.

When you install OneCare, Defender will be disabled as the protection of Defender is included in and expanded upon in OneCare. AdAware is still a known conflicting program that has not been resolved yet by LavaSoft, who have acknowledged the problem, so you'll need to remove that. SpyBot is fine as long as you don't run the active protection component, TeaTimer. Spyware Blaster is not a problem as it does actually run, it simply checks settings and adds entries to the Hosts file. As long as the other 3 don't include any component that is always on and running, there should be no issues running them as needed.

-steve

Monday, September 8, 2008 6:35 PM

All replies

• I think you'll find that many people are satisfied with the support received from OneCare support, though there will be lots of complaints, too. If the problem is highly complex, it can take a while to get a resolution. Getting to support can be tricky if OneCare won't start or if the web validation for your subscription doesn't work as expected. You would then use email support and a response typically comes within 24 hours. If you call, you still need to go through the voice response unit in an effort to let you resolve the issue before speaking with a tech.

When you install OneCare, Defender will be disabled as the protection of Defender is included in and expanded upon in OneCare. AdAware is still a known conflicting program that has not been resolved yet by LavaSoft, who have acknowledged the problem, so you'll need to remove that. SpyBot is fine as long as you don't run the active protection component, TeaTimer. Spyware Blaster is not a problem as it does actually run, it simply checks settings and adds entries to the Hosts file. As long as the other 3 don't include any component that is always on and running, there should be no issues running them as needed.

-steve

Monday, September 8, 2008 6:35 PM
  •  

Hi Steve,

I appreciate the very informative response.

Thanks and regards,

Marinepo

Monday, September 8, 2008 6:42 PM