locked
CRM2011 Outlook 2010 Preview Pane Floating Point Fields RRS feed

  • Question

  • I've found an odd issue whilst testing Outlook 2010 client for CRM2011.  When I have got a Preview pane displayed, it seems to remember the values for any floating point fields displayed in the pane and continues to display the value against other records until you view a record that has the value set for that field - at which point that becomes the value that is remembered.

    For example if I have three account records in a view Account A, Account B and Account C, displayed in that order from the top.  I have a field "Loan" which is displayed in the preview pane.

    1. I select Company A, which has a Loan value of 5,000.00 that is displayed in the Preview Pane.
    2. I then select Company B, which doesn't have a Loan value set, however the value of 5,000.00 is still displayed.
    3. I then select Company C, which has a Loan value 10,000.00, the value in the Preview Pane is updated to 10,000.00
    4. 1 select Company B again, the Loan value display in the preview pane still reads 10,000.00

    We are currently working on upgrade our CRM4 organisation to CRM2011 and are using CRM2011 Rollup 5 in the development environment.  We are planning on going live with CRM2011 at the end of this month I didn't want to start throwing Rollup 6 into the mix at this point as we're not suffereing from any of the issues listed as being fixed in Rollup 6.

    Has anyone else come across this issue?


    Floating
    • Edited by AdrianRitchie Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:44 PM Wrong field type
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:55 PM

Answers

  • Hi Adrian

    This is now fixed in UR10 for the CRM Outlook Client. Tested and confirmed working.

    • Marked as answer by AdrianRitchie Monday, October 8, 2012 8:35 AM
    Monday, October 8, 2012 6:59 AM

All replies

  • Hi Adrian

    Great find as I thought I was the only one with this issue. I have tested it in 3 different environments and got the exact same issue. We however spotted it with the Address1:Longitude\Latitude fields at a customer. I have just finalised my testing now and going to log a case with Microsoft Support as we have UR6 already deployed for both Server and Clients and still having this issue.

    Regards

    Dipesh Daya

    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:53 AM
  • Hi Dipesh,

    We have already raised a support call with Microsoft about this and they have replicated the issue.  They have escalated it to get a hotfix but we have been told that with the engineers current work load the lead time is going to be 2-3 weeks before we have a fix.

    The standard procedure is that hotfixes will only be issued to those that raise support requests for an issue, so you'll need to contact them yourself but you may want to mention that you are aware that this has already been reported.

    Cheers,

    Adrian

    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Hi Adrian

    I raised the issue with them and lets see if they can get back sooner as more and more Oultook specific users may pickup on this.

    Regards

    Dipesh

    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Hi Adrian

    This is now fixed in UR10 for the CRM Outlook Client. Tested and confirmed working.

    • Marked as answer by AdrianRitchie Monday, October 8, 2012 8:35 AM
    Monday, October 8, 2012 6:59 AM