none
Microsoft Account Cookie State Discrepancy RRS feed

• Question

• Browser Tab1: Login to Hotmail

Browser Tab 2: Visit MSDN forums. The forums account should not be linked to this Hotmail. You should see a forums login page or create a username prompt.

(Good)

Navigate to Tab1 and change the linked account which is participating in forums.

Navigate to Tab2 and reload the page. It still shows the login page or username prompt without getting the newer info.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Deepak,

I'm unable to reproduce this error. After changing the linked accounted that is paticipating in the forum, reloading the hotmail page also loaded the new account. This is mostly likely a localized issue at your browser setting. Can you give us more information to investigate on this?

Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:36 PM

All replies

• So you can log into 2 accounts at the same time?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, September 3, 2012 8:19 AM
    Owner
  • They are linked accounts. The browser would recognize one account at a time. Did you run through the steps I had outlined in the original post?
    Monday, September 3, 2012 8:52 PM
  • I sent a bug request to the forums support team.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:22 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Deepak,

I'm unable to reproduce this error. After changing the linked accounted that is paticipating in the forum, reloading the hotmail page also loaded the new account. This is mostly likely a localized issue at your browser setting. Can you give us more information to investigate on this?

Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:36 PM