Instrumenting .Net Core 2.1 with VsInstr x64 /coverage showing Error VSP1026 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using VS2017 Enterprise edition Version 15.9.4. While trying to instrument a dll of the console application to generate coverage report using VsInstr gives Error VSP1026. I am in need of generate code coverage using Vsinstr and VSPerfCMd for .Net Core application. How can I do that?

E:\Github\CoreCodeCoverageExample\CalcDLL\bin\Debug\netcoreapp2.1>vsinstr /coverage CalcDLL.dll
    Microsoft (R) VSInstr Post-Link Instrumentation 15.0.28218 x64
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

File to Process:
       E:\Github\CoreCodeCoverageExample\CalcDLL\bin\Debug\netcoreapp2.1\CalcDLL.dll --> E:\Github\CoreCodeCoverageExample\CalcDLL\bin\Debug\netcoreapp2.1\CalcDLL.dll
    Original file backed up to E:\Github\CoreCodeCoverageExample\CalcDLL\bin\Debug\netcoreapp2.1\CalcDLL.dll.orig

Error VSP1026: Coverage is not supported on libraries that do not reference MSCorLib. This is often the case for Portable Libraries.

Note: I'm able to instrument dlls of .Net Framework 4.6 but NOT .Net Core 2.1

Thanks,

Mohan

Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Mohan Panigrahi,

Thank you for posting here.

Since your question is more related to VsInstr, you could post a new thread in VS general froum for suitable support.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 1:29 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

I posted as per your suggestion, Thanks!

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/c83cebb8-4faf-41cd-85d2-713641fc2e18/instrumenting-net-core-21-with-vsinstr-x64-coverage-showing-error-vsp1026?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Mohan

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 6:37 AM