The way WHS displays filenames using Remote Access RRS feed

• Question

• When I remote access to my WHS and look at my shared folders, why can't WHS display the full filename instead of something like this: "April 14, 20..."?   It only seems to display the first 11 characters of the filename.

It has lots of room to display the full filename, but doesn't. Any way to change this?
    Friday, December 11, 2009 6:00 PM

Answers

• No, there is no way to change this. There are different limits for different browsers, but there are limits for all browsers.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, December 11, 2009 6:03 PM

All replies

• No, there is no way to change this. There are different limits for different browsers, but there are limits for all browsers.
    Friday, December 11, 2009 6:03 PM
  • Having the same problem, though I get about 40 characters instead of 11.  (Using IE 8.0 from XP.) 

Not a big deal if the displayed filenames are truncated, but I am seeing downloaded filenames from the WHS also wind up truncated... which IS a problem.

I would think if more people were seeing this there would be more comments about it?  Is this the place to report it as a bug, to hopefully be fixed in future update?

thanks,
    Eddy

Thursday, March 4, 2010 12:29 AM
  • Connect is the place to report a bug.
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 3:27 AM