WHS not installing.. RRS feed

• Question

• I have run the complete install on an old p4 box.
    I have 512 meg's of ram, a gigbit card and a 500  gig hd.
    Everything seemed to install perfectly, on the reboot, after the boot screen, when the screen sets to the welcome screen, It continually reboots at that point.

Please help.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:49 PM

Answers

• Since the video card is onboard, try in the Bios to reduce the amount of memory associated to the video card memory.
    Or add another memory module.
    What happens, if you press F8 in the early stage of boot process? Do you get a selection like starting in Safe mode?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    I will try those suggestions tonight, thank you
    i tried all your suggestions. Finally I f8'd the system, and selected VGA. That solved the problem.
    Thanks for all your help
    • Marked as answer by Rkmoray Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:10 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:10 PM

All replies

• Is it a separate video card or one with shared memory? In last case 512 MB may not be enough.
    At which stage the reboot happens - after the first reboot permanently or after several script based reboots?
    SATA or IDE disk? If the first, is the controller in IDE mode or did you provide SATA drivers via floppy drive?
    You left the DVD in drive all the time?

Olaf
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 3:12 PM
  • Thank you for the reply.
    The video card is on board.
    The drive is IDE.
    It is after all the reboots and installation are complete.
    I tried it with both the DVD in and out.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 3:25 PM
  • Since the video card is onboard, try in the Bios to reduce the amount of memory associated to the video card memory.
    What happens, if you press F8 in the early stage of boot process? Do you get a selection like starting in Safe mode?
    Olaf
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:21 PM
    Olaf
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:39 PM
    Olaf
    i tried all your suggestions. Finally I f8'd the system, and selected VGA. That solved the problem.
    Thanks for all your help
    • Marked as answer by Rkmoray Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:10 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:10 PM