Can't install programs RRS feed

• Question

• I recently reformatted my hard drive and installed programs and files as normal. 2 months later I am unable to install programs that I have downloaded (e.g yahoo messenger) or from a disk (e.g. publisher even though it's the same disc that i used to install word and excel!). The reason it denies each installation is that it says "another install is currently in progress.  PRess 'retry' when it's finished or 'cancel' to cancel setup". This is absolute rubbish as i have restarted my computer numerous times to abolish all instances of another possible install but i keep getting the same bull and it's extremely frustrating as I need to use them. I have tried the add/remove programs functions to see what is going on with different components, but I really don't know what I am doing or why I can't install programs. please please please help me.
    Zenobya
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

2 ways you could try.

1. Copy the installer file from the disk into your computer, take out the disk and try to run the installer.
    2. Try to install it in the safe mode. (Keep tapping the F8 key on your keyboard when the computer is starting up and select Safe Mode)
    Monday, December 22, 2008 12:24 AM