none
Accessing forums speed

General discussion

• This is a good post, no current problems, just wanted to indicate I noticed a change in how pages were presented in a timely manner unlike over a two month period.

For roughly two months I would select "Quick Access" then "My Alerts", at this point a message in IE statusbar indicating "Waiting for response....". Roughly 30 seconds until a response of a) My alerts page was shown b) failure to show My alerts. Moved to Safari which was faster but also slowed down.

The above happened on three different computers with various versions of IE and Windows. Starting this weekend it appears the above issues are gone :-)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Monday, October 28, 2013 4:13 PM

All replies

• I've seen no announcement, but now that you mention it I have also seen an improvement when I select "My Threads". No timeouts and faster response in the last few hours.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, October 28, 2013 5:33 PM
  • Seems today the speed is slower again accessing forums but not post/threads. Something must be happening in the backend.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:42 AM
  • Seems today the speed is slower again accessing forums but not post/threads. Something must be happening in the backend.

The bridge is being reinstated, that's my guess as to the cause.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Maybe there's still a chance for hope, over 12,225+ strong and growing)

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:49 AM