Deploying VS 2005 Solution on CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

•       I would like to deploy the VS 2005 Solution on CRM 4.0

I have developed a VS solution for 'Multiple File Upload', which successfully uploading the text files for Opportunity entity.

I would like to deploy the same for CRM 4.0. 

1. I have configured the isv.config file to create a button on update Opportunity form. I used the following code..

<Entity name="opportunity">
    <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1">
     <Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Url="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SalesOpportunityAttachmentUpload\Upload.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams="" WinMode="0">
        <Titles>
      <Title LCID="1033" Text="Upload Attachments" />
    </Titles>
        <ToolTips>
      <ToolTip LCID="1033" Text="Upload Attachments" />
    </ToolTips>
    </Button>
      </ToolBar>
    </Entity>

2. Created a virtual directory in IIS with alias name as solution folder name and restarted the IIS.

But when i try to test the solution, it giving an window alert with the following message.

"A Micorsoft Dynamics CRM window was unable to open, or may have been blocked by pop-up blocker. Please add the CRM sever to the list of sites your pop-blocker allows to open the window : <IP Address> ".

Though I add the CRM server IP address to the allow list of pop-up blocker, the problem still exists.

Please help me to solve this issue. This is my first attempt to deploy the solution on CRM 4.0

I created virtual directory in IIS in my local system( web-client). Is there any thing wrong with the way I approached.

Regards
    Somu
    Friday, November 14, 2008 5:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• The Url attribute shouldn't be a file url, it should be an http url - e.g.

Url="http://crm/SalesOpportunityAttachmentUpload/Upload.aspx"

Friday, November 14, 2008 11:45 AM
  • Thanks David,

I used Url = "http:://<local-host>/SalesOpportunityAttachmentUpload/Upload.aspx"

It is giving an error..

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://<localhost>/SalesOpportunityAttachmentUpload/Upload.aspx?orgname=training&userlcid=1033&orglcid=1033&type=3&typename=opportunity&id=%7b708E05DA-B1AF-DD11-B4D6-0003FF658E8E%7d'. Line 1, Position 2

<%@ Page language="c#" Inherits="SalesOpportunityAttachmentUpload.Upload"  enableviewstate="true" CodeFile="Upload.aspx.cs" %>
    -^

Please let me know the reason for the error and guide me to resolve the problem.

Regards
    Somu
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:54 AM
  •  

The above problem has been resolved. Thanks David.

But I was facing a strange problem..

When i try to get the fully qualified name of the file from upload control on ASP.NET page into a string variable using

string str = file.FileName;

The 'FileName' property of the HttpPostedFile Class should return fully qualified name. But it is giving only the filename.

I was using  asp.net page deployed on IIS.

Earlier I used VS solution, where the 'FileName' property returned fully qualified name.

Please let me know the reason for this strange behaviour and please suggest me for getting full path name of the file.  

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:33 AM
  • I need some help plzzzz... I was not able to go  forward from this point.

Please let me know how to get the full path name of the file on client's system.

Though the avaliable properties "HttpPostedFile.FileName" and "HtmlInputFile.Value" returned only the filename but not fully qualified name after deploying the solution on IIS 5.1. 

Is there any thing to do with the setting of the virtual directory in IIS. Please let me know.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 4:18 AM