SpySweeper RRS feed

• Question

• One care is not only confusing but very difficult to get help with. anyway I downloaded SpySweeper from msn. my question is does this conflict with One Care? and does one care have it's own spyware program already built in?

Friday, December 7, 2007 1:26 AM

Answers

• If you install Webroot Spysweeper be sure to turn off any active "always on" protection it offers. That will conflict with OneCare. OneCare includes spyware protection of Windows Defender, but it does not hurt to run another antispyware product every once in a while. Just don't have it running all the time to provide real-time protection.

OneCare support can be reach per the FAQ entry here-  

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, December 7, 2007 2:38 AM

All replies

• If you install Webroot Spysweeper be sure to turn off any active "always on" protection it offers. That will conflict with OneCare. OneCare includes spyware protection of Windows Defender, but it does not hurt to run another antispyware product every once in a while. Just don't have it running all the time to provide real-time protection.

OneCare support can be reach per the FAQ entry here-  

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, December 7, 2007 2:38 AM
  • Thanks for the prompt help.

Friday, December 7, 2007 4:12 AM
  • Hello Steve and chazster,
    Just want to fill you guys in on this issue. I have been using WLOC and Webroot spysweeper together for a couple of years now. They are both always active in my computer and I have not noticed any problem. Seems to me that there is no conflict between the two.
    Sunday, December 9, 2007 2:22 PM
  • ikanttell;

Just so nobody gets confused, your talking about SpySweeper without the optional firewall and Anti-Virus from Sophos®, isn't that correct?  I'm sure that running two firewalls and two signature based anti-virus applications in real-time would be much more risky and subject to contention problems.  Thanks for your experience in running both.

Sunday, December 9, 2007 5:23 PM
  • Hello Dave,

What I mean is just the anti spyware of webroot SpySweeper alone. You are correct that we can't run two antivirus programs  nor two firewalls concurrently.
    Monday, December 10, 2007 12:17 AM
  • Not having used WebRoot Spywsweeper, I can only advise that if Spysweeper provides active monitoring and protection in real-time, that potentially conflicts. If you have it installed and it only runs when you start it, there is no conflict.

-steve

Monday, December 10, 2007 7:31 PM
  • Hello Steve,
    I know your advice is a safe one. But as I posted earlier, I have them both active in my computer and have been using them together for a couple of years now without any problem. A few weeks ago, I installed WLOC 2.0 and Webroot SpySweeper      (only antispyware) in my mother's computer with Vista home premium. I did not encounter any problems either. Maybe I was just lucky? Big Smile
    Monday, December 10, 2007 11:00 PM