Problem while searching for the string(Arabic) in the column in oracle database? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi EveryOne.. I have a problem while updating the database table using update query in the asp.net. the problem is here the search string is in arabic My update command woulb be something like this for Example

update tableName set column1=xyuz where id="arabicData" ;

if ever the search string is alphabets or Numeric its working fine and also i can insert the arabic data using insert statements but not able search using the arabic string .. the Database is Oracle 10g , visiualstudio 2008 Asp.net C#,Ado.net. please provide me a solution...

• Moved by Paul Zhou Friday, June 10, 2011 6:53 AM off-topic (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 10:18 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

According to your description, I'd like to move your thread to off-topic because it is a problem related to ADO.NET. You may post thread in Data Platform Development forum. There are more experts in that forum so that you may get more useful help there.

Thank you for your posting and understanding.

Have a nice day!

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by hemanthlaxmi Friday, August 5, 2011 3:51 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 6:53 AM