Manual updates not seen/reflected RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I did a bunch edits and verification of publications that were pending, I eliminated duplicates etc, and still I do not see any of those being effective. In all cases, I was of course logged in and the system said that the record change was successfully submitted.

Thanks, 

Panos

Sunday, July 3, 2011 5:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Panos,

Thank you for your information and time. We have looked into this issue and merged "Panagiotis Papadimitratos" and “Panos Papadimitratos” from "École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne” to your main page at http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/3565277. The changes will be online several days later. Please check back later. The reason caused this issue might be because that our system can not tell whether “Panagiotis Papadimitratos” and “Panos Papadimitratos” is the same person. So we have to fix this manually.

We appreciate your continuous support and feedback.

Best,

Academic Search Feedback Team

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your information. We have looked into this issue and will approve your requests.  They will be down to application and be online in several days. Please check it later. We appreciate your continuous feedback and support.

Best regards,

Monday, July 4, 2011 8:56 AM
  • Hello Angelica,

I still see that my updates remain largely ignored. Only some duplicates disappeared, BUT the information on conferences I gave, the information on the conference/journal vs. the CoRR/arxiv, and in general most of the detailed information I entered for around 60 "confirmed" publications I had is NOT there. On top of that, and after a couple of mergers I have done in the past, there is again myself with my former affiliation and a bunch of publications.

The problem here is that when a user takes the time to work on this and help you improve the content, it is disappointing to see things ignored, reverted, and again messed up.

Panos

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:03 PM
  • Hi Panos,

Thank you for your time and interest in our Academic Search. Could you please provide us your URL of homepage, your publication list or Bibtex so that we can fix this probelm? We appreciate your continuous support. Any question, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:43 AM
  • Hello Angelica,

here is my webpage with the list of publications. http://www.ee.kth.se/~papadim/publications.html

thanks,

Panos

Monday, July 25, 2011 1:19 PM
  • Hi Panos,

Thank you for your information and time. We have looked into this issue and merged "Panagiotis Papadimitratos" and “Panos Papadimitratos” from "École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne” to your main page at http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/3565277. The changes will be online several days later. Please check back later. The reason caused this issue might be because that our system can not tell whether “Panagiotis Papadimitratos” and “Panos Papadimitratos” is the same person. So we have to fix this manually.

We appreciate your continuous support and feedback.

Best,

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:46 AM
  • Angelica, Cherry, 

Thanks, looking forward to see that effective. BTW, ACM digital library, dblp fixed that once and for all - the views include both versions of the first name. I guess you do something similar?

What about the issue of the disappeared manual updates I wrote about in my July 20 message? Will they be reverted/reinstated? I would certainly hope so,

thanks 

Panos

Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:21 PM
  • Dear Panos,

I am trying to fix as many problems with publications as possible. Up to now very few changes appear, some of the changes were asked for about 4 weeks ago.

I think we have to learn to wait. The system seems to be very big and very slow.

Just keep checking.

All the best.

Werner

Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:01 PM