Problems running the Sharepoint Configuration Wizard after the MOSS Infrastructure Update RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have having huge problems getting the MOSS Infrastructure update for Sharepoint 2007 working on a couple of my server farms. I have installed the WSS infrastructure update, ran the Configuration Wizard which successfully configured the update. I then applied the MOSS Infrastructure update which installed OK. However whenever I try and run the Configuration wizard, it says 'Configuration failed'. I have checked the upgrade.log for Sharepoint and I can see the following errors logged:

Error - adding webpart (_catalogs/wp/summaryResults.webpart_) casued by the following error
    Action 12.1.6301.0 of Microsoft.Sharepoint.Upgrade.SiteSequence failed

Also later on in the log:

Upgrade [SPSite url <site_url_here>:82/ssp/admin] failed. Microsoft.Sharepoint.Portal.Upgrade.SiteSequence has the continueOnFailure bit set. Moving on...

at Microsoft.Sharepoint.SPFileCollection.Add (String url of File, Byte [] file, Boolean overwrite, string checkin Comment, Boolean checkRequiredFields0

I have spent ages working on this issue without resolution. I did find another thread on this issue which suggested that the web.config file might be broken and to try copying one from a working farm to this one. However I have yet to get any farm working with the Infrastructure update (I have tried two so far).

I have tried amonst other things, adding the installation account to the Farm Administrators group, amending the Policy for Web Application to include the installer account, disabling our software firewall (SEP) when running the Config Wizard, all to no avail.

If anybody has any ideas how to fix this, I would be very greatful.

Many thanks

Monday, March 16, 2009 12:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    this forum is about the operating system Windows Home Server, so you are off topic with a question about SharePoint.
    A better place for your question would be the SharePoint forums.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, March 16, 2009 2:01 PM