vxml and salt RRS feed

• Question

• Can I run a voicexml application and a salt app on the same server, side by side?  The salt app is from MSS 2004 that will be upgraded for OCS 2007 SS.

I know that in previous SS beta verions, we could not run managed code apps side by side with upgraded salt apps.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:37 PM

Answers

• Yes, SALT and VXML apps (and workflow apps) can all run on the same server. I don't actually recall any restriction in the first beta about running SALT apps side-by-side with managed apps, but perhaps I've forgotten or I've misunderstood your exact scenario. Do you remember what it was that didn't work? In any case, I believe you should be fine. You can write separate apps and, in the Speech Server MMC, add each app (whether SALT, VXML, or managed) as a separate installed app. Alternatively, you can write a workflow app that calls into SALT and/or VXML using the SaltInterpreterActivity and VoiceXmlInterpreterActivity.

Dan

Friday, June 29, 2007 1:22 AM

All replies

• Yes, SALT and VXML apps (and workflow apps) can all run on the same server. I don't actually recall any restriction in the first beta about running SALT apps side-by-side with managed apps, but perhaps I've forgotten or I've misunderstood your exact scenario. Do you remember what it was that didn't work? In any case, I believe you should be fine. You can write separate apps and, in the Speech Server MMC, add each app (whether SALT, VXML, or managed) as a separate installed app. Alternatively, you can write a workflow app that calls into SALT and/or VXML using the SaltInterpreterActivity and VoiceXmlInterpreterActivity.

Dan

Friday, June 29, 2007 1:22 AM
  • Thanks for the info Dan.

We never tried the SALT and managed code apps running side by side, as we were told that the server would run one or the other but not both.  This was before the workflow came into play. 

We will give this a try, running all three on a server.

The scenario would be where a customer has an MSS 2004 app that gets upgraded to run on the new ocs 2007 ss.  Then new applications were developed using the managed code (now using the work flow).  The customer may also want to take advantage of an existing VoiceXML application.

Thursday, July 5, 2007 2:48 PM