Timesheet - Planned work is not appearing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

Firstly, i'm using project server 2010

My problem is in the timesheet, some project doesn't show the planned work in the timesheet. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I'm looking, and just to new project this problem happened.

Cheers

Friday, April 15, 2011 1:31 PM

Answers

• Hi

I have just received a similar complaint from one of our customers. The task is shown on the timesheet (although not by default, they had to add the task to teh tiemsheet). There is planned work in MSP for the days for which they want to log time, but on the timesheet the planned work is blank. Will post back if I can find anything else on this.

Kind Regards

Coenraad Swanepoel

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:03 AM

All replies

• very strange, did you publish the project plan successfully using Project Professional?
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, April 15, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Yes, I saved the baseline, published the project using project professional. I saw a strange thing, it's happened with a sepecific user... =/
    Friday, April 15, 2011 2:07 PM
  • rtorres --

If you open this project and display the Build Team dialog, is this user's Booking value set to Proposed?  If so, change it to Committed and then save/publish the project again.  Let us know if this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:13 PM
  • Hi Dale,

Tks for your help, but, for all the resources the booking type is seted with Commited... =(

Monday, April 18, 2011 12:25 PM
  • hey guys,

does someone can help me?

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:34 PM
  • Hi,

just an idea: who is the assignment owner for the missing tasks? Apply a usage view, add Assignment Owner field and check if this name is equivilent to resource's name.

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:37 PM
  • Hello Barbara, tks for your help.

So, just in the timesheet this hour is not appearing. I have a report which return the planned x actual hour, and in this report these hours is working.

The assignments are correct.

Cheers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:28 PM
  • Hey guys...

Please, this problem is driving me crazy. Somebody can help me?

Monday, April 25, 2011 3:40 PM
  • Are there any errors in Project Server Queue?

Thanks

Gaurav Wason

Monday, April 25, 2011 7:03 PM
  • rtorres --

Are the tasks showing for this project, but just not the planned work hours? If you delete the Timesheet and then recreate it, do the planned work hours appear?  Let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    msProjectExperts

Monday, April 25, 2011 8:12 PM
  • Yes Dale, it is. I cant delete the timesheet, because we are already using this one a lot of time. And dont have anything in the queue
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:18 AM
  • Is it happening for all users assigned to this project or certian users?  What CU do you have installed in your system?

Thanks

Gaurav Wason

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:27 PM
  • Hi Gaurav, tks for your help. So, it's happening with all users, but it's was working a few days ago. What is CU? I'm brazilian
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:11 PM
  • Ok.. this might be a stupid question.. but is there really planned work for that timeperiod?
    Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS Blog: http://msprojectideas.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:24 PM
  • Hi, Yes, I've verified this. I can see this hours for everwhere just in the timesheet I cant.
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:58 PM
  • CU Cummulative updates. Were there any changes to environment done recently?
    Thanks Gaurav Wason MCITP, PMP
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:05 PM
  • You sure you do have planned task on this timeperiod ? Also do you have Singe timesheet mode turned on or off?

Thanks Gaurav Wason MCITP, PMP
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:11 PM
  • Hi,

just another thought. If you can see them everywhere except Timesheet - is your timesheet perhaps already approved? What status does your timesheet have?

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Please send screenshot of task page and timesheet page to coenraadswanepoel@yahoo.com and then i will have a look.

Regards

Coenraad Swanepoel

Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Hi

I have just received a similar complaint from one of our customers. The task is shown on the timesheet (although not by default, they had to add the task to teh tiemsheet). There is planned work in MSP for the days for which they want to log time, but on the timesheet the planned work is blank. Will post back if I can find anything else on this.

Kind Regards

Coenraad Swanepoel

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:03 AM
  • Hi Coenraad,

Did you solve this problem?

Cheers

Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:38 PM
  • Hi

No we did not attempt to solve this - will monitor whether this happens again, but have more important issues at present:)

Regards

Coenraad Swanepoel

Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:54 PM
  • Well.. what my client facing the issue is that if he adds the task in the timesheet of some users this task doesn't appear in the Timesheet. Actually my client is adding the task to the user which has 0% utilization, coz he wants some unplanned tasks to be added to the timesheet.

So it works fine with all except few users ... first this problem occurs with only one user now there are three users who have added the task by using ADD TASK option but the task doesn't appear in the timesheet.

Maaz Ibrahim
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:20 PM
  • I would call the Microsoft help desk and report as bug.  It seems like others are seeing this and Microsoft may need to remote in to resolve or perhaps elevate it to the bug handling group.

My questions are:

1) Did project ownership change for this project?

2) Does this project or task contain any resources that are currently inactive?

cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 12:57 PM
  • hi Michael,

1. No the ownership wasnt changed

2. No.

This problem its very strange, because If I create a new project the problem persist.

Cheers

Sorry about my english, but Im brazilian

• Proposed as answer by Allan turpie Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:15 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Allan turpie Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:16 PM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:47 PM
  • Hi Michael,

I was just having a similar issue with a test project on 2010. I found a simple solution as follows:

in the time sheet window in PWA select the tasks that should have a planned value. Then in the ribbon there is a little button named "import", click this and select "Import task progress", hopefully your planned work will now appear. 

For me this was only a problem with the current week for a new schedule. All other weeks seems to be populated ok?

Hope that helps

Allan

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:22 PM
  • Hi Guys,

Planned Times of task will not showed in timesheet when you create a task after timesheet creates, only way to show newly added tasks planned times is delete and recreate timesheet!

i think this is a bug, this isn't timesheet page bug, it's core project server create timesheet bug,

i tested this issue, when i create timesheet and then add task for user , newly added assignment lines (actuals lines) in timesheet dataset doesn't have planned work and when a task doesn't have planned time it will NOT update even with web service.

thanks

Aria Cop
    • Edited by Aria_Cop Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:05 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Aria_Cop Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:05 PM
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Hi

I found the trick to fix this bug,

Just check the "No Prepopulation" radio button in timesheet default and settings in Server settings.

and then resources must click on add task in their timesheet page to add their new assignments and NOW new tasks have planned works.

Thanks

Aria Cop
    • Proposed as answer by Aria_Cop Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:09 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:09 AM
  • @Dale - I had the same problem - my problem started after adjusting the schedule. I moved some planned work back, into the current in work time period, from an upcoming period. I could only see the prior planned work - not the new planned adjusted work. Was showing up in all other places - just not time sheet. Your delete time card suggestion worked for me. Thanks!!!! p.s. your MSprojectexpert books are very detailed and helpful.
    • Edited by S. Gumm Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:09 PM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:01 PM
  • S. Gumm --

Thank you for your very kind comment about our books.  And you are more than welcome for the help, my friend!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    msProjectExperts

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:02 PM
  • Hi Guys

Sorry for jumping late on this forum as I've just encountered this problem.

Is there a solution to it other than deleting the 'In Progress' Timesheet for the 'problematic period' (for which the planned hours are not appearing; which may be in future if we've enabled Future Time Reporting)?

I always find the Timesheet for current period 'In Progress' even if I haven't entered any activity there.

Asking the resources to fill in the timesheet time & again might be a tedious recurring activity.

Furthermore, if the Timesheet in Project Server is designed to behave like this then it would be great if anyone can provide an explanation / logic on this.

Thanks

Mohsin

• Edited by Mohsin Ahmad Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:17 AM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:24 AM
  • Mohsin --

If no time has been entered in the timesheet already, then it is simplest to delete it and start over.  Perhaps the others in this group can shed additional light on your problem and alternate solutions.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    msProjectExperts

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:05 PM
  • Hi Dale

Unfortunately this doesn't help much.

Can someone else share the experience or the work-around to handle this scenario (except for deleting the Timesheets) please?

Thanks

Mohsin

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:24 AM