Microsoft Office 2010 reinstallation RRS feed

• Question

• I am planning to format and install Windows 7 professional.  I currently have Windows 7 Home Premium.  I also have Microsoft office 2010 home and student, it was purchased as a 3 user license.  If I install Windows 7 professional will I be able to use the same product key on the computer despite 3 computers having the software already?
    Sunday, July 8, 2012 1:52 AM

Answers

• If you purchase a traditional disc retail license of Office Home and Student 2010, the retail license terms allows you to install, activate, and use Office Home and Student 2010 on up to three PCs in a single household.  If you are reinstalling it on one of those three computers, yes you can use the same product key again.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, July 8, 2012 1:59 AM
  • If you use Anyttime Upgrade, you will not need to reinstall at all, and will preserve all your current settings and data.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Sunday, July 8, 2012 7:51 AM

All replies

• If you purchase a traditional disc retail license of Office Home and Student 2010, the retail license terms allows you to install, activate, and use Office Home and Student 2010 on up to three PCs in a single household.  If you are reinstalling it on one of those three computers, yes you can use the same product key again.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, July 8, 2012 1:59 AM
  • If you use Anyttime Upgrade, you will not need to reinstall at all, and will preserve all your current settings and data.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Sunday, July 8, 2012 7:51 AM